Who are the nicest /rudest celebs you have met?

I can't say I've met that many celebrities. Once at a restaurant I saw a minor celebrity, although I didn't bother to approach him. He was James Hong, who seemed to have done bit parts in every TV show or movie from the 60s to the 90s that called for an Asian actor. Maybe he was afraid that he wouldn't be recognized, so he wore his cast jacket from the Eddie Murphy movie The Golden Child. He was there with an assistant, which seemed kind of strange for someone who was mostly a character actor. He wasn't making a scene, or acting like "Do you know who I am?"

I've met a few sports celebrities. Pat Riley wasn't rude at all. He was President of the Miami Heat at the time, and he looked like he was scouting a basketball game in Berkeley. Once I saw the then manager of the San Francisco Giants, Felipe Alou. First I didn't quite believe it was him, as he was flying coach and it was the middle of the playing season. This was back at the time when they were randomly asking passengers to take off their shoes, rather than everyone. He complied politely. His team normally has its own charter, but it sounded like he was flying into Miami (where he had a home) and was going to meet up with his team.

I met Rachael Ray at a book signing. She was being paid to be nice, but I've heard she can be nasty in real life.

Penn and Teller couldn't have been nicer. They came out after the show to pose for photos and sign autographs for every last patron, smiled all the way and took the time to just chat with people along the way. Class act.

I saw them at my college back about 1979. There was originally a third member and they went by the name Asparagus Valley Cultural Society. Yeah, they came out after their show to greet and talk to the audience.

A woman I worked with many years ago had a job at the airport and said the rudest celebrity she ever encountered was Lauren Bacall.

A guy I knew in college told a story about Lauren Bacall. He was sort of a BS artist, so I don't know if it's exaggerated or even true.

One summer he was working as a stock/delivery boy at Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdales or similar in NYC. Lauren Bacall apparently came in one day, made some purchases, and arranged for them to be delivered. The guy went to the proper service entrance at her building, buzzed, and was admitted by the housekeeper up the servant's elevator to the kitchen. As the maid was accepting the packages, he heard a booming voice from the other room. "WHO THE HELL IS IN THERE?!!!" The maid went into the other room and he heard "Your packages from Saks arrived." "WELL, TAKE THEM AND DON'T EVER LET ANYBODY IN HERE AGAIN WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW FIRST!!!" Then he heard a door slam.

He didn't receive a tip either.

(The reason I suspect the story may be false is that he also once claimed he was in an elevator with Katherine Hepburn and she let rip a paint-peeling fart.)

Last edited:
We met Tom Hiddleston on a street in New York. He was swarmed with people, but very nice.

Also, we've met Broadway stars outside stage doors: Sierra Boggess, Alex Brightman, Heidi Blickenstaff, Chris McCarrell and many others. All very nice. We've met Christine Brewer, a famous opera singer, and David Robertson, conductor, both nice.

Hulk Hogan was the nicest. Saw him in the San Francisco airport and he graciously signed autographs for people.
Jerry Lewis was the rudest. That man is a loud mouth, arrogant, nasty drunk. He was the spokesperson for kids with muscular dystrophy ( Jerry's Kids). My father was a big shot in an organization that also worked with this group so I had the misfortune of crossing paths with Lewis on several occasions. What a butthead

I met James Taylor when I worked at Whole Foods. He lived in the area & would come in with his family periodically-his brother Livingston a few times as well. I never acknowledged their celebrity status when I saw either of them, as they were just trying to be regular people & go grocery shopping. They were all very nice & polite. Other customers I met were Liz Walker (famous former Boston newscaster) & Yo Yo Ma-also nice.

When I was a teen I met Danny Wood from NKOTB. He was very shy & very sweet.

Was in the audience of the Ricky Lake show when I was in college-she was nice & funny.

Hung out with Bela Fleck & Merle Saunders at a bar after a concert (on separate occasions)-they were both awesome & fun to hang out with.

Met Mickey Hart (Grateful Dead) after a concert-really cool experience.

Met Jack Michael (famous researcher in my field)-that was an honor.

Well, I suppose "celebrity" is a loose term these days, but at a red light in Berkeley, California I did a double take and noticed one William Hung on the corner. Someone looked like she had stopped him and was on the phone asking him to talk to someone to prove that the encounter happened. From everything I've heard about him, he's been part shameless about accepting his celebrity status, but always gracious when approached.

I've actually seen him "in concert" a few times. I felt somewhat dirty, but it was all in good fun. Maybe dancing with the Warrior Girls was a bit much.

Jerry Lewis was the rudest. That man is a loud mouth, arrogant, nasty drunk. He was the spokesperson for kids with muscular dystrophy ( Jerry's Kids). My father was a big shot in an organization that also worked with this group so I had the misfortune of crossing paths with Lewis on several occasions. What a butthead

Have you seen his latest interview with the Hollywood Reporter? It's SO awful and painful to watch. What a horrible man.

My ex had a few cousins that were celebrities, so I had many occasions to see several celebrities in both their "performing" mode and in regular "backyard bbq" mode.

I can say that every single one of them had their moments when they were great, kind and accommodating and their moments when they were rude and embarrassing.

They are just like you and I. They just have more eyes on them.

I am sure that depending on when you met me you would be able to say that I was nice and that I was rude.

I am constantly amazed at how we hold people to different standards based on what they "do".

Nice: Garth Brooks, James Garner
Not as nice (but not horrid, more seemingly preoccupied): Sally Field

RG3 was very nice during his Baylor days and directly after the Heismen. It's been sad to hear many reports he got too big for his britches.

Bela Karolyi was not really all that friendly. Marta was downright intimidating.

Simone Biles and Laurie Hernandez were total sweethearts. So was Aly Raisman. Bart Conner is always extremely friendly. Nadia is way more reserved and seems like she may be bothered and annoyed by the attention, but puts up with it because it's her livelihood.

I've met a few celebs (bands/solo artists mostly)

Nicest-Hanson and Gavin DeGraw (I met Gavin relatively recently after a show. He sat on the side of the stage for quite a bit after the show signing autographs and taking selfies with fans-super sweet man) I've met Hanson three times and each and every time they've always gone above and beyond to spend time with fans and chat with them. I can think of two instances with them where they were super accommodating-A bunch of fans were let into the venue early by accident and the band was just finishing their soundcheck. There were only a handful of us in there, but they came off stage when they were done and signed things for us and chatted for a few minutes. Another time, I was waiting for them by their buses with other fans after a show. I'd waited for close to an hour and a half before one of them came out. As he was explaining to fans that he was doing autographs only at that point and no pictures with people bc of the sheer number of people waiting, I realized I had nothing for him to sign handy. When he got to me, I just said "Hey, Zac! I have nothing for you to sign, can I just take a pic of you really quick?" He grabbed my camera from me and said "Tell you what, bc you were so nice about it, I'll take one WITH you." If looks could have killed from the girls beside/behind me...

Rudest was probably Scott Moffatt (he was in a band with his brothers here in Canada, aptly called The Moffatts.) his three brothers were sweethearts, but at the time,he was my favourite so I was psyched to meet him, and he just gave me a dirty look and shoved my signed cd down the line to his brothers. I had the chance to meet two of his brothers years later and they could not have been nicer.

Penn and Teller couldn't have been nicer. They came out after the show to pose for photos and sign autographs for every last patron, smiled all the way and took the time to just chat with people along the way. Class act.

We saw their show in NYC in July 2015 and they came out after the show into the theater lobby area and were there for quite a while signing autographs, doing photos and talking. We didn't approach them, but watched for a bit. We were staying the Marriott Marquis which is where the theater is located. Penn mentioned walking to the theater from his apt in NYC. I've never heard a bad word about either of them and really enjoyed their show.

Allen iverson thinks he's the man! And if he senses you are not aware he'll remind you!

I've never met a celebrity, but while standing in line to get into a Broadway show (Once) in May 2012, Michael Moore walked past to get into line. I quietly said to my DH "there's Michael Moore". He noticed, and smiled and nodded. I thought that was fine. Years ago my Dad met Sammy Davis Jr on the golf course. My Dad was thrilled, and Sammy Davis Jr begrudgingly gave him his autograph. I have it now.

I have not met or had many personal encounter with celebrities. However, Charles Barkley and I used the same nail salon here in Atlanta and I was in there with him at the same time, by chance, twice. He was nice, normal, quiet and personable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter