Whispering Canyon anyone?

txmomof3

Earning My Ears
We have decided to add one more sit down dinner and wanted a fun one for the kids and good food for us :goodvibes Like we are going to need more food :rotfl2: I will probably bring my big shorts just to wear home :Pinkbounc

Could anyone who has been to WCC give me an idea if this would be a good place to go? :confused3

Thanks for all your input. I have become so addicted to these boards, my kids are starting to wonder if I will ever come out of the office.... :banana:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate: princess:

I'm not the best person to answer this because I have never been there. But I'm staying at the Wilderness Lodge this summer so I've seen DVDs, specials on the Travel Channel, websites, etc.... I've studied this trip to death :teeth:

It is very interactive with a cowboy theme. The Come and Get It! Dinner bell, a mini broomstick horse race for the little ones. Very loud setting overall. The wait staff is super. Just ask them for something like ketchup and they bend over backwards to help out.

Hope this helps.

my 2.5 year old daughter at the time loved it.

we all got the skillet (signature dish), they bring out a huge skillet and put it in the center of the table on a rotary thing. Everyone eats off it family style.

Bread, corn on the cob, chicken, turkey, beef sausage, vegtables, and other...all you can eat.

The have great milk shakes as well.

Then add all the hootin and hollerin that goes on....very good time....good food, and you get what you pay for.

big hit

well i love whispering canyon
i ate there several times in sept 2004
My mom and I had a great time
it was fun and they made my mom homemade chicken soup even though it wasnt on the menu they also offered to make some for her and have it delivered to her room later

Chef Al rocks!! it was amazing

hey txmom! Just an opinion from a fellow Houstonian! I have never been to wcc, but from constintly being on these boards, and from looking at all the post and pics, it looks like we'll LOVE the wcc, I booked it for our last supper. That way we'll have a good fun meal before we leave in the morning.

We've eaten here a couple of times and really enjoy it. Never had the skillet though. The nutty chicken salad was great. DH really likes the nachos and wings. I think we also had a burger and some other sandwich. Had some excellent apple pie.

We didn't eat in. Just ordered to go and took it back to the Villas. Will definietely eat there again on the next trip.

Enjoy....

My dd (12) and ds (12) love this place. We stay at WL all the time and even head down to the WC for dessert only. The skillet is not my personal favorite, but dh and ds love it. DD and I pick at salad then eat big desserts!!! The atmosphere of this place is wonderful. The CM's are really upbeat and make things so much fun! During hurricane frances several of the CM's from WC were entertaining the guests more than the entertainers!!!! Try it you will enjoy it!

Sounds like fun! Better add that to my list of Things to Try! ...where's my pen?

Tiger

This Aug DS13 & I will be going to Whispering Canyon for brkfst one morn and dinner another

Very fun place to eat! Food isnt bad either. We always get the skillet but just because its easy. I have read several posts through the last couple years that folks tend to like other items off the menu.

Have Fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter