Whirlwind one day tour!?!?!?!?!?!?

ballarinamom

DIS Veteran
We've hired a car for the day and this is what we have planned. Yes I know it's crazy but that's how we roll!!!!

Saturday morning before Thanksgiving-
EE at DL for two hours
10:00 Car will pick us up at the drop off area by the esplanade
off to Santa Monica Pier (1 hour)
Lunch and Dip toes in the freezing ocean (2 hours)
off to La Brea (1 hour)
Self guided walk through tar pits and a quick peek in the museum (1 hour)
Drive down Rodeo Drive
Picture in front of Bev Hills sign
Manns Theater & walk of fame
Picture of Hollywood Sign
Look in the lobby of the Roosevelt Hotel (2 hours)
Head back to DLH ( 1 hour)
crash!!!!!!!
(DH will probably head back to the park while we sleep)
I am figuring the tour will take about 8 hours which should get us back to the DLH
about 6:00. I told you it was a whirlwind.
Any feedback??

We've hired a car for the day and this is what we have planned. Yes I know it's crazy but that's how we roll!!!!

Saturday morning before Thanksgiving-
EE at DL for two hours
10:00 Car will pick us up at the drop off area by the esplanade
off to Santa Monica Pier (1 hour)
Lunch and Dip toes in the freezing ocean (2 hours)
off to La Brea (1 hour)
Self guided walk through tar pits and a quick peek in the museum (1 hour)
Drive down Rodeo Drive
Picture in front of Bev Hills sign
Manns Theater & walk of fame
Picture of Hollywood Sign
Look in the lobby of the Roosevelt Hotel (2 hours)
Head back to DLH ( 1 hour)
crash!!!!!!!
(DH will probably head back to the park while we sleep)
I am figuring the tour will take about 8 hours which should get us back to the DLH
about 6:00. I told you it was a whirlwind.
Any feedback??

I know I am local and all but I am looking at this and wondering why? This is a whole lot of stuff. Personally I would be tempted to cut down the list a little, maybe skip Beverly Hills or hit a closer ocean on a different day. To me Santa Monica or Hollywood alone can be a full day. The other thing to keep in mind you are hitting areas with some of the highest traffic and with an all day trip like this you are sure to hit some coming and probably going.

Also Beverly Hills and Hollywood where the Chinese theater and all that are is not super close. You probably should schedule at least 30 minutes to get between the two. Also schedule in a pit stop to get Ice Cream at the Mickey Malt Shop next door to El Capitan across the street from the complex with Kodak theater and everything.

Also one helpful time saver is that you can see the Hollywood sign (on a clear day, if its overcast get a postcard) on the second story far end of the Hollywood and Highland complex. You will see lots of people up there usually taking pictures. It is a really nice view of it too.

Thats a lot. I dont know if it can be done.
We are going to

9am Drive from DL to Manns-Walk of Fame-Hollywood sign at Highland
Kodak theater
Disney's Fountain

Drive to Vegas

We are truly commando tourists! Living in San Antonio, we have season passes to Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We are going to the Santa Monica Pier simply to have anice view for lunch and dip our toes in a VERY cold Pacific Ocean. ( we're going in November) We won't be riding any of the rides since we are using this as a riding break.
As far as the Disney Ice Cream Shop, we're also taking a little Disney break so no ice cream for us.
I'm figuring 1 hour to get to Santa Monica, and hour to La Brea and an hour or so from Hollywood. If it takes a little longer to get back to the hotel, that's ok.
I'm giving us 2 hours to drive from La Brea and the drive bys of Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills.
We'll probably ony get out of the car at Mann's/ Walk of Fame and the Roosevelt Hotel.
We've got a driver so we won't have to worry about getting lost. And DH can actually see the sights!

DD and I will probably pass out at the hotel while DH will return back to the park!
Any suggestions on a good lunch place on the Pier?

Well, we will be going to Puerto Vallarta next month with my whole family and staying in Nuevo Vallarta at the Marival. We would like to do an ATV jungle tour that is fun, exciting, safe, and has newer well-maintained ATV's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can someone please suggest a good ATV tour company in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter