Which would you do....

2BEKs

Mouseketeer
August. (next week :banana:)

Would you rather:

1) do rope drop, afternoon break, evening (same park). NO EMHs, just straight open to close.

OR

2) use EMHs and do 3pm - 2am at MK & 3pm to midnight @ Epcot.

???????????

Reasoning is to beat the BRUTAL heat of the early afternoon....

I THINK That I can do full day, every day, but I'm thinking that Dh and the kids would die... hehehee!

Thanks!!!

I vote for your first choice. Go to rope drop, hit your big rides, and start stocking up on fast passes. Take an afternoon break then go back and use your fastpass collection from the morning. No way I go to an EMH park late in the day when most of the fastpasses are gone, and most of the other resort guests are there with you.

Option #1; you'll get on most of what you want by lunch, relax and then hit your favorites.:thumbsup2

I vote for your first choice. Go to rope drop, hit your big rides, and start stocking up on fast passes. Take an afternoon break then go back and use your fastpass collection from the morning. No way I go to an EMH park late in the day when most of the fastpasses are gone, and most of the other resort guests are there with you.

Great plan! We do hit the early smh parks though at least once during our trip to hit as much as possible:)

With kids I'd do #1. Mine would never make the "shift change". If yours are already night owls, then maybe #2.

We have done both of those plans!

Did option 1 on our first August trip.
Did option 2 on our trip last June.

Last June, there was a serious, brutal heat wave. It was over 105 heat index every day that we were there. We were in MK until 3 AM, etc etc. It was convenient to do this because we also didn't have to worry about sun screen quite as much. (We are all very fair and DH is a red head). It wasn't the plan, it just kind of happened.

The pool at WL was PACKED when we tried to swim to beat the heat. That is such a small pool for a deluxe, I had no idea.

We were driving and it was so funny, because we NEVER had a problem finding our car at the end of the day. We would joke about how few cars were in the lot each night. Never over 10, just to let you know that not only did we stay until the end of EMH, we doodled our way out of the parks also.

Couple of flaws in the plan...EMH was really busy. Really really busy. It did finally lose some crowd, but it wasn't the big advantage that AM EMH is.

On our first trip, we stayed at BC. We hit rope drop and generally got everything done we wanted by just after lunch. We went back to our resort (Beach Club on that trip) and swam in the afternoon. We MIGHT hit a park again for a bit in the evening, but generally, we relaxed at the resort. We went to be early and got good sleep.

We were exhausted with Option 2 and really didn't end up enjoying our trip. The Option 1 trip was so wonderful.

Other factors have influence of course, but for our upcoming trip next week, we are going to be going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I think we only have one AM EMH on the agenda (MK because we always have such a great time for it) and other than that, we will be hitting rope drop on a non EMH park. We need a more relaxing vacation this time around. Option 2 is exhausting.

It may sound trite, but do what is best for your family and you may have to take it a day at a time. Allow for flexability. If you're tired in the afternoon then go rest and come back in the evening...if you got the steam to go all day then do that. Your kids will be the biggest deciding factor. Some people like the nights, other early days.

I recommend early starts to your day...for some reason early starts tend to get the day started on track and allow you a more relaxing late afternoon as you already got alot done. Plus I am a morning person and have my most energy early in the day. Did you think of trying early EMH? I have a young son and the past 2 years the early EMH at MK was great. We got on alot of his favorite fantasyland rides with no wait and were even able to do a couple twice in a row. With early EMH you definately have time to go back and relax at your resort in the heat of the afternoon..and then can venture out again early evening.

We're going in Sept and I tried my best to put flexability in our schedule so depending upon how the day goes and how we feel we can go back to the resort, stay in the park or whatever. The only EMH I am planning on is MK EMH on Thursday.

option 1

just got back last week. our plan was to start early and take a good size mid-day break. I never did go swimming- the pool water was so hot it wasn't even refreshing. The air temps at night were still crazy hot. We always end up doing a lot less than we have planned because of the heat

I wish there was another time of year I could go, I really do :lmao:

I was going to agree with the other posters, since I know my kids (similar ages) would NEVER make it that late.

However, I also agree with the fact that this is FL nights, and not CA nights! They are not "cooler"....still humid! So, although no sun, the air is still heavy with heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter