Which would you choose?

Which would you choose for free dining package?

• BLT one-bedroom villa

• Kidani one-bedroom villa

• Polynesian

• Polynesian club level

Results are only viewable after voting.

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Family of 4, two adults and two kids ages 10 and 12, which resort would you choose?

THANKS! :thumbsup2

Deluxe - Poly
Moderate - POR
Value - Pop

Regardless of where you stay, if you're on Disney Property you'll have a fantastic magical vacation!

Of your options, I'd choose BLT one-bedroom villa. Plenty of room for the four of you plus the convenience of the monorail. Poly is also convenient, but wouldn't give you as much space (unless you'll be in the parks all day & space really won't matter). Club level seems like a waste if you're on the dining plan.

I didn't vote, but if you are staying more than four nights, I'd do one of the villas (nice to have kitchen, extra room, laundry). If you want easy MK access BLT would be the way to go. It is on the monerail too, which is really cool, so I can see the choice being tough. If you don't care as much about the super quick access to the MK/monerail access and like the animal theme, go with the other villa. I'd personally do the animal theme villa, just because we really like this property and the theme is super appealing to my whole family. And we just love the ALK grounds and food options. We will most likely never make it Africa either, so this is the next best thing for us.

For a short stay four nights or less, I think the POLY would be great. The hotel has such a great vibe/atmosphere and it is fun to be on the monerail. For five or more nights, though, a villa wins for me almost every time.

Of your options, I'd choose BLT one-bedroom villa. Plenty of room for the four of you plus the convenience of the monorail. Poly is also convenient, but wouldn't give you as much space (unless you'll be in the parks all day & space really won't matter). Club level seems like a waste if you're on the dining plan.

Thanks for your opinion :) I am nervous about BLT, we've never stayed there. Not sure I like the idea of having to walk to the CR for everything I need. And we won't have access to the lounge because we aren't DVC members. But I agree that space is important.

I didn't vote, but if you are staying more than four nights, I'd do one of the villas (nice to have kitchen, extra room, laundry). If you want easy MK access BLT would be the way to go. It is on the monerail too, which is really cool, so I can see the choice being tough. If you don't care as much about the super quick access to the MK/monerail access and like the animal theme, go with the other villa. I'd personally do the animal theme villa, just because we really like this property and the theme is super appealing to my whole family. And we just love the ALK grounds and food options. We will most likely never make it Africa either, so this is the next best thing for us.

For a short stay four nights or less, I think the POLY would be great. The hotel has such a great vibe/atmosphere and it is fun to be on the monerail. For five or more nights, though, a villa wins for me almost every time.

It would be 6 nights. And it's over Halloween so MK closes at 7:00 almost every single day that week. We stayed at Kidani last January and LOVED IT! So it would be great as well. But when we were there we ordered grocery delivery and didn't do the dining plan. We ate breakfast in the room every morning and afternoon and evening snacks too. So if we do a villa this time we won't really use the kitchen, the dining plan will keep us stuffed.

I chose Poly or Poly CL due to the fact you get real beds. MY kids never enjoy sleeping on a pull out couch and at the Poly there is the day bed so there is extra sleeping room. I have stayed at SS 1br and never really needed the kitchen to cook but I did enjoy the washer/dryer. Not everyone does laundry on vacation. If the Poly CL is in your budget, go for it, The lounge and CL food will make up for the kitchen and give you an extra space to hang out.

I chose Poly or Poly CL due to the fact you get real beds. MY kids never enjoy sleeping on a pull out couch and at the Poly there is the day bed so there is extra sleeping room. I have stayed at SS 1br and never really needed the kitchen to cook but I did enjoy the washer/dryer. Not everyone does laundry on vacation. If the Poly CL is in your budget, go for it, The lounge and CL food will make up for the kitchen and give you an extra space to hang out.

The price for the one-bedroom at BLT and the club room at Poly are almost exactly the same down to the penny. So its really a wash as far as money goes. We loved have all the space at Kidani and the kids loved having two pullouts so they didn't have to sleep together, and DH and I loved having our own bathroom and our own TV. But the theme of the CR does nothing for me. I love the Poly so much, why don't they have villas?? ;)

I voted for Poly CL :). We haven't stayed CL at the Poly yet (will be trying it in December), but we've stayed GV and the Poly is our favorite resort.....we just love it :lovestruc. We've never stayed in a DVC unit, but I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, so we wouldn't get much use out of the kitchen or washer/dryer. The space might be nice, but we only have 2 kids so being in a regular hotel room is plenty of room for us on vacation ;). I agree with you about CR.....it has no appeal to us whatsoever......the Poly would definitely win over the CR :goodvibes.

I voted for Poly CL :). We haven't stayed CL at the Poly yet (will be trying it in December), but we've stayed GV and the Poly is our favorite resort.....we just love it :lovestruc. We've never stayed in a DVC unit, but I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, so we wouldn't get much use out of the kitchen or washer/dryer. The space might be nice, but we only have 2 kids so being in a regular hotel room is plenty of room for us on vacation ;). I agree with you about CR.....it has no appeal to us whatsoever......the Poly would definitely win over the CR :goodvibes.

I think for us its more the benefit of having a king bed, since that's what we sleep in at home, and for the kids to each have their own pullout. Our 12 year old loved the sleeper chair, he hates sleeping with his brother.

Good idea:thumbsup2

The Poly is our family fav. The kids do not want to stay anywhere else. CL gives you extra room with the lounge. We are a family of 5 and never felt cramped in the room. Watching the castle at all hours, beyond the view of the lagoon, is beautiful. Good luck! You have great choices.

I'm one of the few (with my dd and dh) who aren't all that in love with the Polynesian. I hate having to walk outside to get to Captain Cooks...huge pain if it's raining. But, that's just me.
I voted for BLT. The walk over to the CR isn't all that bad. It's no longer than the walk from Tokelau to Captain Cooks. We found it to be pretty easy and quick.
I love Kidani...staying there again in Oct. But..no food court. There is that little area where you can refill mugs off the lobby but not much else is available. So, that's a minus, especially if on the ddp.

I love having the laundry facilties right iin my room with a one bedroom..so easy. And I like having the kitchen for grabbing something quick, even on the ddp. The addlt bedroom and tv is wonderful when traveling with kids.

The Poly has the bedding to allow the children to sleep seperately. It also has several beautiful beaches to relax on, a great food court and really good TS's. The staff are warm and friendly and the rooms are large. The only down side is that the sinks are in with the toilet. Unless you're a really close family it may take longer in the mornings to get ready.

I'd of picked the Poly CL, but not sure if you'll be on the DDP or how much you children eat. For the price I'm not sure if the extra cost would be worth a few snacks and drinks.

I voted for the Poly. I bet with the ages of the kids you will do Epcot more than once. Being able to walk to the TTC is a big plus. I don't think that the club level is necessary if you have the dining plan.

I totally agree with what everyone is saying about the Poly. And I know Kidani is wonderful too. BLT is really an unknown for me, we've stayed at the CR and didn't really like it, but I'm sure the one-bedroom is nice. My heart wants Poly CL, but my brain tells me stick with the villa for extra space.

I think for us its more the benefit of having a king bed, since that's what we sleep in at home, and for the kids to each have their own pullout. Our 12 year old loved the sleeper chair, he hates sleeping with his brother.

We have a king at home, but I guess I just never really thought about it on vacation. We have 2 teens and the daybed at the Poly is a big plus. After staying there, staying at Disney without a daybed isn't option anymore....and according to my 16 year old, the Poly one is way more comfortable than the one at the GF (although I think that's his way of telling me he would like to stay at the Poly over the GF :rotfl:). Not having another bed is the one thing that keeps us from AKL...we love the resort, but without getting a villa, my two would have to share a bed, which is not an option anymore :sad2:. If a king bed is important, I would go with Kidani.....BLT just doesn't have it as far as theme/decor, IMO. As much as we love the MK area, I would go with more appealing surroundings over being close to MK, but that's just me ;).

Voting for more space!!

I'd get 2 or 3 bedrooms offsite, but that's me. If you must stay in a WDW hotel, I pick either of the ones with space and picked Kidani because I cannot stand the Contemporary and I lump BLT in with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter