Which would you choose - monorail or bus?

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Beach Club Villas for the first time and I do not know much about the area or the epcot monorail. For one of our days, we plan to do EMH and GG breakfast at Epcot, then hop to MK at 10am(ish). We have two young kids with us (4 & 6) and will be using a disney stroller.

Which makes the most sense - taking the monorail to MK from epcot or walking back to Beach Club to get the bus?

To me utilizing the monorail makes more sense. That way you won’t have to food up the stroller and you’re already close to the entrance of Epcot to leave.

If your going to be at GG then walk to the monorail would be quicker than going all the way back to beach club to get the bus.

While BC is close to Epcot, it's close to International Gateway entrance of the World Showcase. The front entrance of Epcot is a decent walk. When you get there, you'll find out that Epcot is pretty big.

A great tip for you:
The Epcot Area Resorts are all pretty close to each other, connected by walking paths.
If you're at MK or AK, and a BC bus isn't due for a while, but you see a Swan/Dolphin or BW bus approaching, you can hop on and just walk to BC from either of those.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

While BC is close to Epcot, it's close to International Gateway entrance of the World Showcase. The front entrance of Epcot is a decent walk. When you get there, you'll find out that Epcot is pretty big.

A great tip for you:
The Epcot Area Resorts are all pretty close to each other, connected by walking paths.
If you're at MK or AK, and a BC bus isn't due for a while, but you see a Swan/Dolphin or BW bus approaching, you can hop on and just walk to BC from either of those.
Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of taking one of those buses - that is really helpful advice =)

I agree with the others. Since you will be in Future World for breakfast, monorail will be your best bet to get to MK. If you were going to MK straight from Beach Club, then bus is best as it’s a really long walk to monorail.

Walk or boat to the IG for your GG ADR then from Future World walk to the monorail at the main gate to get on the monorail. No sense in back walking to a bus after your early morning breakfast. I wouldn't rent a stroller until you get to MK given the ages of your children and the time of day but you know your children best.

We are staying at Beach Club Villas for the first time and I do not know much about the area or the epcot monorail. For one of our days, we plan to do EMH and GG breakfast at Epcot, then hop to MK at 10am(ish). We have two young kids with us (4 & 6) and will be using a disney stroller.

Which makes the most sense - taking the monorail to MK from epcot or walking back to Beach Club to get the bus?
The monorail is the fastest route from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom. It's also easier for strollers than the buses.

If I'm not mistaken, the BC Villas are the closest to the IG. Walking to the YC dock to take the boat to IG which stops at BW on the way would also be a waste of time.
You are probably right and it's surely the way I would go but I like to give others' choices:).

We find the monorail a more enjoyable ride vs. a bus. It is a scenic way to get to your destination. Perhaps you already know, but the Epcot monorail only runs to the Ticket/Transportation center where you exit and board a different monorail to Magic Kingdom.

The quickest way would be Minnie Van/Lyft/Uber. The monorail will take approximately 30 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for it. Add to that a 15 minute walk from GG to the monorail. The worst option is the bus IMHO.

Walk or boat to the IG for your GG ADR then from Future World walk to the monorail at the main gate to get on the monorail. No sense in back walking to a bus after your early morning breakfast. I wouldn't rent a stroller until you get to MK given the ages of your children and the time of day but you know your children best.
Thanks! My kids are really active but I'm a bit worried about the July heat (it is 15 degrees celsius here right now and that's warm for us, lol) so we're planning on renting a stroller for the entire trip. If they seem to not need it though we won't bother :)
We find the monorail a more enjoyable ride vs. a bus. It is a scenic way to get to your destination. Perhaps you already know, but the Epcot monorail only runs to the Ticket/Transportation center where you exit and board a different monorail to Magic Kingdom.
Thanks! I was wondering about this - is there an announcement telling you when to get off? Last year we took one from Chef Mickey's and accidentally got off at the wrong stop and had to take the ferry (lol, worked out for the best though since our kids loved the ferry).

Last edited:
The monorail from EPCOT only makes one stop and that is at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). I think there is an announcement but you shouldn't need one...

There are monorails to the MK from the TTC (express and resort monorail) as well as the ferry from TTC to the MK.

remember that Disney strolers can not go from one park to another you will have to leave before gate at Epcot and get another after you get in the gate at MK. and you can not send someone ahead and bring stroller out the gate to meet you. might want to consider an offsite stroller rental to have one for going between parks

Another option is to take a bus from EP to MK. Remember that when taking the monorail you will have to transfer at TTC in order to get to MK so in that sense the bus might be faster...but not walking back to BC just the front entrance at EP.

This is the only park pair that doesn't generally have a bus connection, unless there's a monorail issue.
Really? Wow, learn something new every day! Definitely good to know as we will be staying at BC in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter