Which universal hotel would you recommend??? Help please

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
I have booked the LBV resort village and spa and although looks very nice we wont have a car and a lot have DIS collegues have commented it is a bit far away from things.I had a discount code for a site I use today for 10% off an already reduced rate if we stay 5 nights at either Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific. .We have paid £361 (approx $523)for 5 nights at LBVRS and have been quoted £522(approx $756). Having never stayed onsite at universal I wondered which of these two hotels was more popular.I know it is individual taste.My daughter will be 8 and I am celebrating my 40th birthday while staying here. The room on offer is a gardenview at HR and waterview at RP.Off to look at some pictures now.
thanks
alyson:lovestruc

The Royal Pacific is fantastic! We stayed there about 4 years ago and I just booked it again for this October.

I liked the theme and decor. The rooms are a generous size compared to those at Disney. The food options are good and the parks are within walking distance.

I love music and so does my family so Hard Rock is our choice. I have stayed at both the HRH & RPR. I do like the RPR and it is slightly cheaper, but I love the way the HRH has music piped everywhere....

We stayed at the Royal Pacific in 2007 for one night. It was fantastic. It was such a pretty place and the people were great. We mentioned it was our anniversary and when we came back to the room, the bed was turned down and a bottle of wine was chilled with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries next to it. The person who checked us in arranged it all and even left us a handwritten note of congratulations. It was the best stay at a resort ever.

I third Royal Pacific. Hubby and I just stayed there in April and absolutely loved it. The hotel is beautiful, our room was spotless and the staff was really friendly. I highly recommend it.

Stayed at the Hard Rock a few years ago on a business trip. Very nice, but if you don't like loud music it wont be the place for you. It is piped in everywhere you go, and it is loud rock. You actually get used to it quickly but it can be a shock when you first enter the hotel. Nice pool area and so close walking to Universal.

Both hotels are very nice and so is the third, Portofino Bay. All Loew's hotels are quite nice IMO and these are no exception so you really can't lose. Just go by theming and maybe noise level.

Whichever you choose, be sure to pool hop.

We were at Royal Pacific a few years ago while at a business convention and it was superb!

Thankyou for all your advice.I am goin to plump for the royal pacific. After looking at reviews and the theming I think this looks more relaxing. Thanks again

I have stayed at all three, and my personal fav in Portofino Bay but that is further away from the parks and was not a choice here. Royal Pacific is wonderful and we were upgraded to the Club Level the food was FANTASTIC!!!!
I loved it and the kids loved the pool.

I believe the Hard Rock is the closest to the theme parks and the pool has a slide which my kids loved. It is the loudest but we never minded that. We were on vacation so we were just plain happy anyways.

Good Luck with your decision but do not worry either one you will be happy with. :goodvibes

I'd vote for HRH. I love the lobby and theming everywhere. Also love the pool. Some nights they have dive in movies there too. The rooms are larger than RPR (though PBH has the largest but often much more $$.)
I love that it's such a short walk to the parks.
We've stayed at all 3 and I choose based on price difference. If HRH is only $5-10 per night, we go for it. Sometimes it's a LOT more than RPR.
I disagree with pp who said the music everywhere is loud. I think it's slightly louder than typical elevator music but definitley not so loud you need to raise your voice to have a conversation.

They allow pool hopping so you could always check out the other hotels during your stay.
The great thing about staying onsite and USO is not just that it's closer. If you show your room key, you can bypass the regular lines. Once you try it you are so spoiled instantly. :cloud9: For that reason we always do Disney 1st.

Depending on how long you stay, it may be worth buying an AP. To compare AP rates to what you can get, just enter code APH as a promo code. It's giving us $70 off per night at PBH for our Sept trip. (It was same price as RPR and friends that we're traveling with are a fam of 5 and need the extra space that PBH rooms have or I'd be at HRH in a heartbeat.) :goodvibes

I really think you can't go wrong at any of them. They're all 4* deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter