Which Tour?

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
My DH and I will be visiting WDW at the end of August to celebrate his 40th Birthday :cool1: Usually we travel with our 3DDs, but this time we will be on our own. :goodvibes We are considering taking a tour...something we don't take the time to do/can't do due to age limitations when we're with the kids. We did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour a few years ago and LOVED it. What tour would you recommend?

Would you consider the Wild Africa Trek? We did it in mid afternoon a week ago and it was amazing. I was afraid it would be too hot to see many animals but not so. The guides were unbelievably good and it was a wonderful experience. There was a brief rain shower while we were eating our snack and it brought out the lions - yes we saw the lions up and walking around not just sleeping on the rocks!

My DH and I are going to be celebrating our 50th b-days....we got engaged on our 40th trip:love:...and are going to be taking the Wild Africa Trek. We have taken the Keys to the Kingdom, Steam Train Tour, and Backstage at Animal Kingdom. So far Backstage has been my favorite!!! We'll see if the Trek beats it out!!
Enjoy your trip!!
Heidi

Its hard to single out just one tour because they are all great. I have done all but a couple and enjoyed each one. You may want to pick a tour that has the basic theme you are interested in. Animals - Wild by design, Back stage safari, Dolphins in depth. Attractions - Undiscovered futureworld. Imagineering - Dine with an imagineer. A compilation - the 7 hour, Backstage Magic. Plants - Behind the seeds.

I'll definitely look into the Wild Africa Trek! I'll also have to do some research to see the difference between it and the Backstage Tour at AK. Thanks!

DH and I did Backstage Magic and enjoyed it immensely. I learned so much about the behind the scenes stuff at Disney, and I consider myself a Disney afficianado. DH is not as into Disney as I am, but he really enjoyed the Imaginearing and technical stuff... not to mention we felt like kids in a forbidden candy store when we went backstage!!

Many of the tours are very good, but the experience of Wild Africa Trek was our favorite. :yay: Great experience, terrific lunch, knowledgable guides (and funny)....worth the price. Also, a great tour is "Behind the Seeds" if you're interested in that. For us, it was great and really informative. :teacher: Inexpensive and usually not a huge group. Lots of fun. :cheer2:

DD-17 and I did Keys to the Kingdom and had a blast! Would like to do AK Trek next time...saw some folks on the bluffs above the gators/hippos which looks really cool!

I have done the Keys, unDIScovered Future World and the Steam train tours. All were great. I plan on doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom this August when I go back. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter