Which Tour Should I Take?

bryanb

DIS Veteran
I'm arriving at WDW a day before my friends will be there, so I'm looking for an activity that they might not be interested in doing. I've never taken a behind-the-scenes tour before, so that might be a good way to spend some time. I've read some of the reviews, but am wondering if anyone has opinions on which would be right for me?

I'm thinking about either Backstage Magic or Keys to the Kingdom. Here are my considerations so far:

I've been to WDW a lot of times, so I'd consider myself to have an above-average knowledge of the place. Hopefully the tour can give insight that's above and beyond the fun facts that most Disney fans know.

I used to be a Disneyland attractions cast member. I've never seen the backstage areas of WDW, like the utilidors, and am always curious about all the things the company did to improve on the original. I'm not concerned about "ruining the magic" and am as fascinated by how the operation is run, as I am with the onstage show.

I threw out the Marceline to Magic Kingdom because it might repeat a lot of what I know about Disneyland. Sounds like KTTK might have some of the same material, but hopefully it's different enough?

I'll be by myself for that day, so I'm hoping for a tour that isn't awkward for a solo traveler.​

Thanks for anyone's advice

Depends if you want to go deep (into MK with KttK), or want a shallower overview of all four parks (with BM.) Personally, I'd do KttK, but I'm a castle-park junkie.

Depends if you want to go deep (into MK with KttK), or want a shallower overview of all four parks (with BM.) Personally, I'd do KttK, but I'm a castle-park junkie.

Thanks! My concern with BM is that it feels spread too thin. It's only a couple of hours longer than KttK, you stop for a full sit-down lunch, and you go to all four parks. Did you feel like KttK showed you enough behind-the-scenes of the inner workings of the park?

Thanks! My concern with BM is that it feels spread too thin. It's only a couple of hours longer than KttK, you stop for a full sit-down lunch, and you go to all four parks. Did you feel like KttK showed you enough behind-the-scenes of the inner workings of the park?
Bryan, when we did KTTK a few years ago, we watched the MiSi performers rehearsing backstage. All were in their spots but in rehearsal attire. We then saw them performing at the Hub, and because our Tour Guide knew my younger DD would be applying to begin the CP as soon as she graduated from college, he rushed us backstage to watch MiSi as they crossed the sight line. Off came the costume heads and we recognized all the performers whom we watched earlier in the day.

In the utilidors, it's basically a view of the Costuming area window, but, we happened to see a half-dressed Mr. Incredible and a half-dressed Daisy walking by.

You will see some interesting things backstage. I've done a couple of runDisney runs at DL and their backstage area is very industrial and cramped. It will be interesting for you to see how MK backstage differs from DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter