• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which stroller and which rental company?

JTandEmom

Earning My Ears
Thanks for everyone's advice on my last question. After talking it over with my husband I think we have decided to rent from one of the companies, which one would you recommend and what stroller for 40ish lb 43 in 5 yr old? If it was just her I think we would be fine stroller-less and just go at her pace if she was an only child but we have to keep up with her 9 year old big brother! Thanks again!

We've rented from magic strollers once and have used kingdom strollers since because they always work out to be cheaper. We've had great experiences every time. :)

Can I tag onto this? I'm looking at Orlando Stroller Rental... and then I saw Apple. Apple is a little too-good-to-be-true. I mean... free? Anyone want to chime in on their experience?

ETA: Kingdom is $10 cheaper than OSR and Magic is $10 more. Prices are pretty comparable.

Not sure about the rental company as we took our own. But I would definitely recommend the Baby Jogger City Elite. Our almost 6 year old daughter fit in it very comfortably. She's very tall for her age and had plenty of head and leg room. It also had a decent size storage underneath. The canopy is huge so she had plenty of shade, and it's super easy to fold. You just pull up on the handle on the seat and fold it with one hand.

We're going with the City Mini GT. It worked best for my very tall husband when we went to test drive them. I have a bigger kiddo and the people pushing are 6'4", 6'4" and 5'2". The GT has an adjustable handle that's perfect for us.

We rented the City Mini GT for our 5 year old son (45 pounds and 45 inches and he fit - he looked so huge in it but he fit and even napped 3 times in it). (My husband is 6'3" and the height of the stroller was fine for him to push). We rented from Orlando Stroller Rental. They were great - clean stroller. It came with a free rain cover rental and a free mini soft cooler (to keep). I think the price was the same as Kingdom - we looked at them too. I did get the extra insurance just in case. Very happy with our rental experience.

We rented the City Mini GT for our 5 year old son (45 pounds and 45 inches and he fit - he looked so huge in it but he fit and even napped 3 times in it). (My husband is 6'3" and the height of the stroller was fine for him to push). We rented from Orlando Stroller Rental. They were great - clean stroller. It came with a free rain cover rental and a free mini soft cooler (to keep). I think the price was the same as Kingdom - we looked at them too. I did get the extra insurance just in case. Very happy with our rental experience.

Thank you. You know, that was my first instinct and I think I'll stick to it. Kingdom is only $10 lower for our trip and it just feels like I've seen more people using and happy with OSR. Plus they were super nice on the phone.

Do they tend to sell out? We're going low season and I'm tempted to wait until a couple weeks before the trip to book so that I can see if they have one available for sale because it sounds like that's the same price. It would give us the stroller for the trip home and allow us to resell and recoup some of the investment. (I twitch a little about $130 for a stroller we'll never need again for a child who would not need a stroller if it wasn't for the sensory overload.)

Thank you. You know, that was my first instinct and I think I'll stick to it. Kingdom is only $10 lower for our trip and it just feels like I've seen more people using and happy with OSR. Plus they were super nice on the phone.

Do they tend to sell out? We're going low season and I'm tempted to wait until a couple weeks before the trip to book so that I can see if they have one available for sale because it sounds like that's the same price. It would give us the stroller for the trip home and allow us to resell and recoup some of the investment. (I twitch a little about $130 for a stroller we'll never need again for a child who would not need a stroller if it wasn't for the sensory overload.)

Your welcome! I've only heard good things - and they were all about cleanliness! So that was important! I don't think they tend to sell out - I think they have lots of inventory. But to be safe I reserved ours like 2 months out. I found that we really didn't need one in the airport - he was happy to walk after sitting so long on the airplane. And then had to sit again on the magical express. He wanted to walk in the parks too so most of the time we were pushing an empty stroller (excellent bag holder! hehe) but it was nice to have at the tired times and at night.

Can I tag onto this? I'm looking at Orlando Stroller Rental... and then I saw Apple. Apple is a little too-good-to-be-true. I mean... free? Anyone want to chime in on their experience?
We rented from Apple Strollers a year ago and can't say we would again. The overall experience was fine and it met our needs but the stroller was older and clearly more "worn" then other rental strollers we've seen. This year we have a reservation with Simple Stroller Rentals. Anyone have any experience with them? :)

We've used Magic Strollers several times for our twin grandsons and love them. The strollers have been in excellent condition and the experience has been super easy and friendly.

Is the theft/damage insurance necessary? And how much of a stickler on weight limits they are? My son fluctuates around the 50lb mark and is neither the height limit. Do they check or is it more in case you damage it?

Is the theft/damage insurance necessary? And how much of a stickler on weight limits they are? My son fluctuates around the 50lb mark and is neither the height limit. Do they check or is it more in case you damage it?

They don't check. Those are the limits set by the manufacturer. It's not guaranteed to be safe if you exceed the limits. I don't think the theft insurance is necessary, but I'd rather spend the $25 than be left with a several hundred dollar bill in case the stroller free legs and walked away.

They don't check. Those are the limits set by the manufacturer. It's not guaranteed to be safe if you exceed the limits. I don't think the theft insurance is necessary, but I'd rather spend the $25 than be left with a several hundred dollar bill in case the stroller free legs and walked away.
That's my thoughts too. I hate these sorts of insurances, BUT I don't want to take 400 out of my trip budget if something did happen!!! Thanks!

So we went back and forth on this too. We own an Uppa Baby which is super heavy and would never bring it to disney. I have a little umbrella stroller (Chicco Liteway) but I wanted something more comfortable for in the parks. I was going to rent from Kingdom Strollers as they use City minis. Then I realized it will cost $150 for the 10 days I am there and I bought the City Mini for $180 (using a coupon). They fold flat and are so light so I don't mind gate checking it when we fly.

So we went back and forth on this too. We own an Uppa Baby which is super heavy and would never bring it to disney. I have a little umbrella stroller (Chicco Liteway) but I wanted something more comfortable for in the parks. I was going to rent from Kingdom Strollers as they use City minis. Then I realized it will cost $150 for the 10 days I am there and I bought the City Mini for $180 (using a coupon). They fold flat and are so light so I don't mind gate checking it when we fly.
Where did you find one so cheap?! I know that's what I see for us too... is its going to be at least 150 for the length of our trip, but we'd get twice as many days for the same price as renting in parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter