Which Signature Dining should we try?

skittles67

Mouseketeer
This trip we have decided to splurge and go to a signature restaurant. However, I can't decide which one! It will be my DH, DD (who will be turning 10 while we are there) and myself. DD is starting to outgrow the whole "princess" thing so we are not sure if CRT is one we are really interested in. Which restaurant do you like and why?

Well, it largely depends on what kind of food you want, and what kind of atmosphere you want. Do you want seafood? Steak? What are you looking for in a signature dining restaurant? That will help narrow down some recommendations for you.

My husband would say Le Cellier. I would say Yachtsman Steakhouse or a dinner show so there's some added fun to it. I also heard great things about The Boathouse - no experience there yet tho.

Where are you staying? We were at YC last October and due to weather reports showing that it did not look like we were going to avoid a hurricane in a couple of days and some quick thinking by me to book a resort ADR just in case, we wound up eating at the Yachtsman steakhouse. We all thought it was the best meal we had ever had at WDW. I don't think it was just the fact we were eating dinner in a signature restaurant while other poor guests were in line for box meals either- I think the food was legitimately great! DD was 10 and she loved it. I don't know if they will still have it when you go- but for dessert they had a chocolate Mickey Mouse puzzle that also had "paint" and a brush- so you put the puzzle together and then painted Mickey before you ate him. She absolutely loved that!

Artist Point. Or maybe Flying Fish. I guess Narccossee's would be good. Or Jiko.

Those four are tied for first on my list.

Yachtsman, Artist Point, Hollywood Brown Derby-all for the food and ambiance
CRT for the experience
Tiffins because it is brand new and getting great reviews (We will be trying it next month.)

Well, it largely depends on what kind of food you want, and what kind of atmosphere you want. Do you want seafood? Steak? What are you looking for in a signature dining restaurant? That will help narrow down some recommendations for you.
DD and DH are huge steak eaters. As for myself, I prefer seafood.

If you are on the dining plan, I would say Flying Fish. If you are not, then I would say Shula's. In my opinion, Shula's has the beat steaks on property but the chef at Flying Fish is very good and has some interesting items on the menu that we really enjoyed.

We tried Tiffins in January and loved it! We were a little apprehensive as we aren't that adventurous of diners, but the food and service were amazing! Plan a dinner right before park close and the restaurant will thin out and you will have a very quiet meal (but not hurried).

You really can't go wrong with any of the signatures, so choosing based on food type and/or overall experience is your best bet. We love Yachtsman, absolutely delicious steak and I would go there any day before going to Le Cellier, which is also good, but not Yachtsman good. Cali Grill was a good experience as well, not quite as quiet as Yachtsman because it's very open concept. Food was delicious. We weren't there at fireworks time, but I imagine if you were it would be an outstanding overall experience.

I would definitely consider California Grille. It's very good and the view is simply amazing. You can see the MK, EP and DHS fireworks from the observation decks. It's just so stunning. Last time we went, we started our evening at Trader Sam's for a "mocktail" and took the monorail over to CR for dinner. It was really fun.

Artist Point is also very good. WL is beautiful and the food and service are excellent.

Jiko is also wonderful and it's fun to visit AKL and see the animals on the savannah.

You can't go wrong really with any of your options but being it is your first time I agree with others and would do the California Grille so you can watch the fireworks from the observation deck. When we went last week, our reservations were at 7:40pm and Wishes was at 9:00. Star Wars was at 8:00. It was perfect timing. We had just finished dinner in time for Wishes and then had dessert after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter