Which side of the Dream to be on ?

My understanding is that the ship usually backs into CC, so you would want Starboard. However, there may be sea conditions that may have the ship not back in, etc.

Also, you can see the fireworks from the Starboard side on Pirate night. Just FYI...

My understanding is that the ship usually backs into CC, so you would want Starboard. However, there may be sea conditions that may have the ship not back in, etc.

Also, you can see the fireworks from the Starboard side on Pirate night. Just FYI...

:thumbsup2

Another reason the ship may not back in is for planned maintenance.... From what I gather here you probably have about a 9 in 10 shot of backing in--my own estimate.

We were on the Dream and had a starboard facing Verandah room with amazing views of Castaway Cay!!!! The ship definitely backed in :thumbsup2.

Here are a few pictures that I took from our balcony:

Before we left port we had a view of the DCL terminal, lol
242.jpg

View of Castaway Cay
732.jpg

734.jpg

HTH :goodvibes

If you have breakfast before leaving, go to Cabana's. Great view of the island from there as well.

86e8b453.jpg

ETA: Just don't eat the pancakes!! ;):scared1::scared1:

:thumbsup2 Thanks for asking this, I was wondering the same thing! :goodvibes

We were on the Dream and had a starboard facing Verandah room with amazing views of Castaway Cay!!!! The ship definitely backed in :thumbsup2.

They built a giant palm tree there?. I did not know that!. Since when is there? I've never noticed that when I was there on my last trip!

View of Castaway Cay
734.jpg

They built a giant palm tree there?. I did not know that!. Since when is there? I've never noticed that when I was there on my last trip!

You are like the third person that has said that. Please, I must know, what was wrong with the pancakes? :confused:

I was on the MV of Dream and we had a great cruise and you can not count me in with all the negative reports but I can not tell a lie -- the pancakes in Cabanas were horrible. Cold, hard, tasteless Don't worry, I did not go hungry. It just left me more room for bacon, sausage, hash browns, potatoes, croissants and pineapple.

The Palm Tree is 100% a communications tower and it is used for the new Wave Phones among other things. :thumbsup2

I had no idea that it was fake until another cruiser told me, lol. Then when we were on the island and could see it up close, you can see the wires and antennae under the fake palm fronds.

How do you find out what side of the ship your on?

Check out the ship's deck plans -- find your room number and if you are on the left-side of the ship, that is port. Otherwise, you're on starboard.

Does anyone have pics handy of what you would see if you're on the Port side and they back into CC?

You know I always forget which side it is I should book on... Port or Starboard... :rotfl2:

Oh well, port it is again... One of these days I'll remember starboard so I can watch the fireworks from the verhanda. :lmao:

How do you find out what side of the ship your on?

You can tell from your room number: on Magic/Wonder x5xx is starboard (right) and x0xx is port (left). Same with the Dream. First digit is deck number, then 5 or 0, for which side

Do they stream the music for the fireworks on the TV like at Contempory so you can watch from your room? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter