Which shopping centres?

trickyw

Earning My Ears
We are staying in Anaheim for 10 days in Sept & want to have a few days shopping & wondered which are the best centres within an hours drive or so from Anaheim? We plan on renting a car as the hubby doesn't mind driving. Outlets would be good & also a regular shopping centre with big department stores. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

we have anaheim plaza the adress is 510 N Euclid St, Anaheim, CA 92801, United States.

We did both Citadel and The Block at Orange. Both were good. We also went to Walmart more times than I can count! (We love Walmart)
We didnt really do any normal shopping centres I don't think.

We did both Citadel and The Block at Orange. Both were good. We also went to Walmart more times than I can count! (We love Walmart)
We didnt really do any normal shopping centres I don't think.

We love Walmart too - such fun!!:cool1:

There is also a Westfields near the CHOC (Children's Hospital Orange County) that is only a short drive along the freeway. I got some good shoe bargains at Nordstrom there.

Enjoy!

Southcoast Plaza gets my vote! Make sure you do the shops across the street as well in the strip mall. DSW shoes, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, etc. There is a shuttle service from some of the hotels like HOJO that picks up 3 times a day and drops back a few hours later if you don't want to drive. If you do have a car Fashion Island in Newport is also very good but will probably take you around 1/2 hour or so to get there depending on traffic.

South Coast Plaza is great. (there is a shuttle that picks up from hotels around DL)

Fashion Island is also fantastic and the area is pretty too, nice having a trip to Newport Beach and having a look around the area.

Main Place mall is close by too for a quick trip.

I like SoCo Plaza.

We also do go to Main Place Plaza because it's so close.

There is the Citadel Outlets, if you're looking for an outlet mall.

Hi everyone,

We are in Anaheim for 12 days and love "Walmart" where is the nearest one to DLR? p.s. we won't have a car so any tips for shuttles would be great.

Thanks

Thanks everyone! South Coast Plaza looks great & is definitely on my list. I didn't realise you could take the shuttle bus, sounds good. Also like the idea of Citadel Outlets & Fashion Island .. we wanted to check out the beaches. Not sure they will compare to our Gold Coast beaches though!

Hi everyone,

We are in Anaheim for 12 days and love "Walmart" where is the nearest one to DLR? p.s. we won't have a car so any tips for shuttles would be great.

Thanks

We had a car and visited a few different ones, but I have no idea where they are! If you go onto Tripadvisor, search for nearest Walmart in the Anaheim Forum. They have discussed how to get there with public transport before. Otherwise, just catch a can and ask them to take you to the nearest Walmart.
Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

The South Coast Plaza shuttle picks up from many of the anaheim hotels (you can see the list on their website). It's $10 return for the shuttle and kids 17 and under are free.

There isn't a shuttle to Fashion Island :( .

You can take an ART shuttle to Main Place Mall, it leaves and picks up three times a day and leaves from the ART bus area near the Disneyland and CAdventure entrances. Walk out the back through Nordstroms and across the road to "The Habit" Burger. Seriously, the best burgers we've ever eaten, there is a Pinkberry yoghurt shop there too. At Main Place Mall, don't leave without having a cupcake, from the cupcake shop that's just inside where the shuttles drops and picks up. Best cupcakes!

There is also an ART shuttle that goes to the Outlets at Orange Mall, I'm not a big fan of that mall, but it's ok.
There is also a free shuttle that goes to outlets at Orange mall that leaves from Garden Grove hotels (Hyatt, etc).

There is an ART shuttle that goes to a shopping mall, that has a Walmart, this is the shuttle that goes to Knottsberry Farm.

The Citadel outlets also have a shuttle that picks up from the Anaheim area. They also have a service where they will store your luggage and then take you to the airport (LAX) for late night flights back to Australia. There is a lounge too for people using this service during the day.

Out on South Harbour (the main street that runs along Disneyland) you can take a public bus that runs along Harbour and get off at the In n Out burger stop. There are many shops around that area, like a Target, a Toys R Us, and many others.

To go to Target from Disneyland you can take the number 1 ART shuttle from the Disneyland entrance, it runs along Harbour to Target at Garden Grove. There are some good restaurants there too, so it's a handy shuttle to take to go to Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin Burgers, Buca di beppo (really really yummy italian) and more.

To go to Target from Disneyland you can take the number 1 ART shuttle from the Disneyland entrance, it runs along Harbour to Target at Garden Grove. There are some good restaurants there too, so it's a handy shuttle to take to go to Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin Burgers, Buca di beppo (really really yummy italian) and more.

Yep this is what we did :) Took the ART down to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch, then over to Target to buy Just One More Suitcase, and some other stuff, then ART on the way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter