Which room did you have?

DLB

DIS Veteran
Staying at POFQ in about a month and was just wondering if anyone remembers their room number. Did you like the location? Why or why not?

I was in building 3 a few doors from the parking circle (you can see it on the resort map). Another time I was in building 1 also close to the same parking circle. It wasn't full of lovely gardens right there, just plain. It was the first place after you stepped out of your car, so the magic of POFQ was kinda lost there. I was disappointed. I see on the resort map that one side of building 7 is close to another parking circle. I wonder if that gives off the same "unmagical" vibe. I loved being in building 4, and building 7 not facing the parking lot.

Building 2 facing the pool. Cant remember the room. It was 2nd floor. You could step out your door, go down a flight of stairs and enter the pool like nothing. The buses and food court was just a hop skip and a jump from there. Loved that location.

This is gonna be my destination for my next holiday, so I would appreciate any feedback from you guys..

Room 6307. Building 6, third floor, garden view. I liked our location. Our room and building was extremely quiet. We were just minutes from everything - as most rooms at pofq are. My DH could have done without being on the third floor but it didn't bother me. We really didn't hang out at the resort all that much but when we did the room was convenient. Not sure I'd pay for a garden view (It really was just tops of trees) but that was what was available. I do have to say that river view rooms must really be pretty but again I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Buildng 6, top floor, facing the river. If you look on the map, we stayed right where the #6 is printed. We couldn't have asked for a better room. Very quiet, but still close to everything. Beautiful view. It was perfect.

Just got back a couple of weeks ago. Building 4 - Room 4213 (I believe!) We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard that backs up to the bus stop. Loved the room! We requested bldg 4 for it's proximity to the bus stop and food court. It was so close to everything, but then again, it's a small resort, so everything is pretty much close to everything! :rotfl: We really were just steps away from the bus stop and food court. The pool was a little farther, but not by much!

I think we were in Building 5 (the entrance to dining/front desk was to our right when we walked outside the door). LOVED this building. So quiet, close to everything (including a small back path to the buses). We were on the first floor and couldn't have asked for a better location. :)

building 3, ground floor, facing parking lot.

It was hot when I was there so I liked it being so close to the main building.

I would not request a specific room number. If that room is not available, you may end up somewhere that might not suit your specific needs. I would make general requests - such as room near lobby, or second floor room, or Building No. ____. The resort is really compact, and I have never had a room that I was disappointed with.

DLB said:
Staying at POFQ in about a month and was just wondering if anyone remembers their room number. Did you like the location? Why or why not?

Building 5 facing the grass courtyard. We've stayed there a few times and always in that location...close to pool, main building & bus stops. Quiet location,if you request that specifically,and then again at check in they will try to work it out for you. You will love that location,.and if you have kids, they'll love ripping around on the grass to burn off some stream!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

Last time I went to WDW I stayed at POFQ and absolutely fell in love with it. I had booked a standard room, and was in building 1, first floor, corner room facing a parking lot and I still loved it!

In a few weeks I will be heading back, but this time I am booked in a River View room so I am really excited for that!

I stayed in building 2, 2nd floor, facing the pool. It was very convenient for everything. That was 2001. Since then I prefer POR, as the theming and grounds are more to my liking.

I don't remember the exact room number but it was building 6, top floor, facing the 'yard'. The location was find for us and a short walk to the food court and pool, yet far enough that it was quiet.

They stuck us in Building 7, supposedly a courtyard view, but faced more of the parking lot than anything green. Plus it was a connecting room and we could easily hear the loud neighbors next to us. Did not care for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter