Which rides or experiences do you love that are not as popular?

This will be our 4th trip in 3 years :blush:. Its me, my husband and our daughter who will be almost 7 at the time of our trip. We've done all the "major" things at the 4 main parks but I feel like there is so much we haven't seen/done.
So what are some of your favorite "off the beaten path" activities IN the parks?
I don't know if this counts as a major thing that everyone does or not, but my 10yo really enjoyed getting all of the Wilderness Explorer badges at AK. Similarly, we missed a few of the Kidcot stations at Epcot and he was pretty disappointed. I was hoping to do the pollinator scavenger hunt at Epcot too, and but we didn't have time. (It might be different when you go, but they always have something.)

Have to do Little Mermaid ride in MK each time we go - that movie was "teen times" for me so I love the ride.

I adore Tom Sawyer’s Island. The caves, the Fort, the paths. I love it all! 😍

We really enjoy all the scavenger hunts! The Remy one for Food and Wine is a favorite, but the Easter egg one at Epcot and the Spike the bee one for Flower and Garden are good too! The Pirate Adventure scavenger hunt in Adventureland is fun but we haven’t done it for several years. We desperately miss Agent P.’s World Showcase Adventure! We had so much fun doing all of those. We are eagerly awaiting the Ducktakes version and hope they are still doing it! Has anyone heard anything? The DVC 50th Anniversary selfie scavenger hunt was fun! You don’t have to be a DVC member to do it and get the park buttons (we are) but you do have to be DVC to get the special completer button after you finish all 4 parks.

Are there any others I forgot? It’s one of our favorite things to do in the parks!

Historically, I love Alien Encounter and Body Wars... Alien Encounter because of S.I.R., and Body Wars because I love seeing the human body from the inside (although I only like the insides of certain people...) I'm even fine with the patient apparently being a woman because it looks ambiguous... it could be a man, we don't know... And HISTA... although someone on YouTube stalking the comment sections obsessed with giant Diane Szalinski RUINED it all for me...

I guess I could say DINOSAUR, Tough to Be a Bug, Star Tours (GE is stealing it's thunder...) Figment is fun, but I miss Dreamfinder...

AND BUZZ... I LOVE that aesthetic (long story...) my mom loves it for the shooting game aspect, too...

Last edited:

Living with the Land is always one of my must-dos! I find it so soothing and it does have the nostalgia element. Other low-key activities/attractions I like are Gran Fiesta Tour, Philharmagic, Tom Sawyer Island, and the trails around AK's Tree of Life. The Mickey/Minnie movie in DHS (blanking on the name right now) is also a nice escape from the heat/crowds.

I love the Animation Station in AK on Rafikis Planet Watch. It is so fun and a great souvenir. The train ride is nice getting you there, you get to cool off for a bit from the heat, and create something.
I try and do it at least once on every trip.

Here are the ones that my whole family enjoys, but rarely if ever see a substantial line:

Tiki
TTA
CoP
Seas
ITTBAB (I love the screams of the unsuspecting)
All three Epcot movies (but not the sing-along)
Voices of Liberty

And a few that I either have to drag them to or go to by myself:

Country Bears
American Adventure
BatB sing along

I especially like Living with the Land -- We go many times throughout the year and it is always changing and evolving with the Seasons.

Carousel of Progress, I know it's dated but I LOVE that ride, when my girls were babies I used to sing "Great big beautiful tomorrow" to get them to sleep
YES!!! Thank you. I love that ride. I agree it is dated but still it is one ride I do enjoy. It is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" and well worth the cool air and break.

Storytime with Belle in MK!! Maybe we just always avoided it because we don't have kiddos and travel with adults, but a few trips ago MK was experiencing bad weather right as we were about to go on Mine train, hopped over to Belle and absolutely loved it. A few in our party volunteered to participate since they didn't have enough kiddos want to do it and it is still one of our funnier memories of us adults being in the show. now it is a staple!

Not a ride or attraction but AK at night. It's so pretty and peaceful and much cooler temperature wise. Everyone talks about leaving AK early but you should really schedule an afternoon/evening there and stay until it closes, especially if you are there when the sun sets earlier. We go in November so sun sets around 5:30 and AK is open until 7 or 8 pm. We love it.

My 2 year old is absolutely obsessed with figment. He literally talks about it every day. We watch a ride POV on YouTube because he loves it so much lol

I love Turtle Talk with Crush. The interactions with the kids crack me up and it is super entertaining for adults. Different every time too based on the “Crush” actor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter