• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides or experiences do you love that are not as popular?

Have to agree with folks on Carousel of Progress, TTA Peoplemover, Enchanted Tiki Room, Small World, Country Bears, and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor at MK.

Also agree with Star Tours at DHS; it boggles my mind that this ride never seems to have more than a 10 minute wait, I am a big SW fan and actually really prefer it to Smuggler's Run.

Also love the Gran Fiesta tour, Living with the Land, and Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

(And agree with the train at Animal Kingdom to Rafikis Planet Watch - we did this last year so didn't meet any characters but it was just so nice to have a train ride since the one at MK has been down!)

I think the only one to add that I haven't seen on here is Muppetvision 3-D at DHS; I can't even see in 3-D and love this one. Sweetums!

Mine is it's a small world (I wasn't sure if that counted actually because it's a very well-known classic ride, but I see others mentioned it). I don't understand the severe disdain some people have for it. I don't find it "annoying" or "creepy" as some people say at all. It's bright and happy and as far as rides go, it's a bit longer so you can relax.

I will say the past few times we have been on Small World and Living with the Land the people sitting behind us have made a lot of rude and snide remarks (each time it was grown adults, not like tweens/teens or anything like that) and talked about how boring and annoying the ride was. This was really frustrating and I felt grateful that it wasn't a "once in a lifetime" trip for us so I hope that it just happened to us and not others! (If folks find the ride annoying or boring or whatever, feel free to skip it!)

Does anyone know if we could request to be seated in the back row of the boat in the future to avoid overhearing those types of comments? (I really don't want to overthink it but I also don't want negative comments bringing us - or, more importantly, our kids - down.)

Does anyone know if we could request to be seated in the back row of the boat in the future to avoid overhearing those types of comments? (I really don't want to overthink it but I also don't want negative comments bringing us - or, more importantly, our kids - down.)
You can request a specific row on any ride at Disney. I do it all the time on certain rides, such as asking for B1 on Soarin, and Cast Members are always willing to accommodate you. At Universal I did get more push back and snippy responses whenever I asked (ex. when I asked for the front row on River Adventure) but at Disney you'll be fine.

You can request a specific row on any ride at Disney. I do it all the time on certain rides, such as asking for B1 on Soarin, and Cast Members are always willing to accommodate you. At Universal I did get more push back and snippy responses whenever I asked (ex. when I asked for the front row on River Adventure) but at Disney you'll be fine.

That's great to know - thank you!

Railroad -- if they ever open this one up again lol (seems like it is always closed)
:love: You brought up a sweet memory for me. - That was the first ride we did on DS's first "big" trip. He had been for the day as a baby, but having no memory of that, and lots of experience with Thomas, he was most excited for the train. :laughing: )

MK: Hall of Presidents (I don't know why, but I love it), Mickey's Philharmagic (charming, fun, never a wait, it's not JUST a movie), Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (so fun and interactive).
AK: The Nemo musical (fingers crossed I love the new version as much as I loved the old version). With little kids, I'd also take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch and enjoy the petting zoo. The train itself is an attraction for little kids.
DHS: Toy Story Midway Mania (this ride is moderately popular but it used to be WAY more popular - the hardest paper Fastpass to get - and it just isn't as popular as Slinky Dog and the new Star Wars attractions) and the Muppet movie (never a wait and it's funny). Also, Alien Swirling Saucers is so fun for kids. And the Frozen show. We also used to love the Disney Junior show when my kids were little.
Epcot: Turtle Talk with Crush in the Seas pavilion (a must do with younger kids IMO). Don't forget to explore the entire pavilion!

All the ride hype is so overblown. Take time to enjoy the amazing things that are all around. We wander, love the railroad (when it re-opens!), Liberty Bell Riverboat (nice calm ride) I'm a huge people mover fan I used to love that no one loved it... sigh... We love the quiet areas of HS and the walkthrough attractions (One Mans Dream ) Somehow we just wander and find quiet places. Enjoy

MK: Carousel of Progress, Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island

EP: Journey Into Imagination, Gran Fiesta Tour, Living with the Land

HS: Muppets 4D

AK: Navi River Journey, All Musical Acts

Living with the Land. Give me a boat ride, any boat ride, and I'm pretty happy

*edited to add-Voyage of the Little Mermaid was one of my most favorite things in all of WDW. I absolutely adore it. I am so sad it is not open and doesn't look like it will be for our trip next month, as I've seen no plans at all for them to announce anything about it.

Last edited:
With little ones - AK Rafiki's Planet Watch... there's a petting zoo, animal hospital, there used to be meet and greets out there - don't know if they're back yet. Even the train ride out there is fun.

This will be our 4th trip in 3 years :blush:. Its me, my husband and our daughter who will be almost 7 at the time of our trip. We've done all the "major" things at the 4 main parks but I feel like there is so much we haven't seen/done.
So what are some of your favorite "off the beaten path" activities IN the parks?

MK - My favorite low key ride in the MK is the Peoplemover (aka Tomorrowland Transit Authority). We also really enjoy the Tikiroom and the Country Bear Jamboree. We road the Liberty Square Riverboat on our last trip which was quite relaxing. Make time to catch the Dapper Dans on Main Street near the firehouse.

Epcot - My DD loved Kidcot when she was younger. They decorated a mask back then but now I think it's Duffy. It gave us an excuse to go into every country. We also liked the Behind The Seeds tour in The Land. I'm not sure if it's being offered now but it was very cool walking through the greenhouses and not very expensive (like less than $25 each). We also enjoy the music in the UK and taking a break in the garden next to the Rose and Crown.

DHS - The Beauty and the Beast show is very nice if you haven't seen it. There are also a number of places to wander about in Black Spire Outpost. We used to LOVE the Citizens of Hollywood (movie star/director characters who would come out on Hollywood Blvd and entertain) but I don't think they are around anymore.

AK - The bird show is very good. CMs stick around after the show to talk to kids. The Restaurantasaurus Bar is a great stop for an adult beverage, as is the Dawa Bar. You can get up close to the Tree of Life from a little known path along the river. You can access it right before you cross the bridge into Africa. It is very quiet back there and very peaceful.

This will be our 4th trip in 3 years :blush:. Its me, my husband and our daughter who will be almost 7 at the time of our trip. We've done all the "major" things at the 4 main parks but I feel like there is so much we haven't seen/done.
So what are some of your favorite "off the beaten path" activities IN the parks?
Your questions have been merged with a current thread that has a lot of great information about this exact topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter