• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which restaurant hardest to get?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I have four of the new places this year so wondering what places are hard to reserve in case I have to switch things up.

It probably depends on several factors…what time do you want to eat? How many in your party? What time of year are you going?

And among which restaurants? Character meals are very different from signature dinners. In park or resort? There has been an issue with booking releases for Narcoosee’s since spring, with ADR times being released sporadically from 2-4 weeks in advance. So right now, that might be the hardest ADR to get. Once they open, there are plenty of spots, you just never know when that will happen.

Topolino's breakfast and Space 220 jump to the head of the pack for me. Storybook Dining at Artist Point is also up there.

For my three trips this year, Space 220, Topolino’s breakfast, ‘Ohana dinner, Rose & Crown fireworks dinner and Homecomin’ brunch were hardest to book

For us last year for some reason Homecomin' and Topalino Dinner were tough. I remember even posting about it last year. This year I had zero issues. I remember when we used to do character meals I always did those first.

Space 220 Lounge (I saw restaurant availability initially and then over the course of checking prior to our trip)
Topolino's breakfast
Storybook Dining but I have seen that one pop up for an early reservation (4pm-ish) on and off

Chef Art Smith and O'Hana. Though I have had better luck scoring a last minute O'Hana than Art Smith. I have been trying for weeks to get a reservation for this Sunday and absolutely no luck so far.

For our last trip in March, these were hard to get:
- Homecomin
- Space 220
- Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
- Takumi-Tei
- V&A

For us it has been Topolino’s and Homecomin’. We’ve been to Homecomin’ a few times already and have actually lucked out on occasion with a walk-up, so I’m not overly concerned. We’ll be staying at the RR in a few months and hopefully we can try Topolino’s too, but again I am not stressing over it. We don’t make a lot of ADRs anyway, preferring to be more spontaneous.

For us (Oct 28-Nov 4) it was Space220 (60+8). Space220 I couldn’t overlap ADRs (2 tables for 2) even using 2 accounts so had I had to book them an hour apart and by the time I got through to booking (1.5 hour later) the 11-12 times were gone (got 12:45 but can’t use because Mears pickup is 2:00 pm; has taken 30+ mins to get bags from bell services-AOA was understaffed).

Topolinos breakfast had availability 60+6 and 60+7 but no tables for 5, so had to book 4&1 using 2 accounts.

Surprisingly sci fi (60+2) and CRT (60+3) had plenty of availability probably due to all the log in/booking issues everyone experienced. I gave up sci-fi fantasmic and now family suddenly wants to watch Fantasmic but not wait an hour and now I can’t book it (second show is being added).

Topolinos, Space 220, 'Ohana, SciFi, Storybook are usually the most challenging. That said, I see them pop up constantly the day before/day of so they are not impossible if you're patient.

Homecoming' holds half their tables for walkups so makes sense it's harder to get. We always just walk-in :confused3

I cannot seem to get a sci fi ADR for October. I used to be able to get that place no problem but this time, nothing!

I cannot seem to get a sci fi ADR for October. I used to be able to get that place no problem but this time, nothing!
If you’re looking for Fantasmic package put a reservation finder; Sept just got a second show and ADRs were being released up to Sept 30 today

If you are trying to book for one or two people, change your party size to 3. Reservations magically appear at many Disney restaurants for 3 that are unavailable for 2.

Is it better to join the walk- up list for Ohana breakfast? I haven't been able to find any open reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter