which resort w/7-month old twins?

TJA

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I've been away for a while as I was busy having twins. Now it has been a few months and I'm ready to begin planning a Disney trip. I've read several threads for great info, but I'm specifically looking for recommendations for resorts with two 7-month old babies. We love WL, but are monorail resorts more practical for my situation? Please refresh my memory on what the monorail resorts are...Poly, GF, what else. Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated!

Poly, Grand Floridian or the Contemporary are all on the monorail. The Wilderness Lodge has the boat to MK
The Yacht and Beach and the Boardwalk have boats to Epcot and MGM, all of which would be handy.

Another option, is to look at an apartment off-site which would give you kitchen and laundry facilities, it depends on how long you will be travelling for as to how important that would be, but that is the option we are going for. I would only do that if you are going to rent a car though

Bev

You may want to consider 1 bedroom villa at the WL. It has a full kitchen and washer/dryer which will come in handy with 2 kids. We'll be staying there in Sept with our 16mo old.

first off, bless you for being brave enough to take 7mo twins to disney world! I didn't take mine out the house for the first two years! lol Actually we didn't take them until they were 3.5 and found that staying on a monorail resort was the one and only way to travel with small children. What park(s) do you think you would be visiting the most, I would stay at the resort that was the closest to that, you will need plenty of breaks and rest for them and yourself of course and you wouldn't want to have to take an hour to get back to your room.

If you stay on site, I would suggest a monorail resort because you can wheel the stroller right onto the monorail.

Actually, I think staying at one of the Epcot resorts would be your best bet. You'll be able tow alk to both Epcot amd MGM, as well as walk around the Boardwalk right from your hotel room. I say this since you'll be traveling with twins. You are allowed to roll a double stroller onto the monorail, but they usually only allow them in the handicapped cars, since they can't fit in the regular cars. If they handicapped cars are unoccupied, you are welcome to roll your double right on, if someone needs them, or they are occupied, you have to take the kids out and fold up the stroller to fit into the other cars. A side by side is the most difficult to get on the monorail, but the front to back are also just as difficult since you can get them on and off, but due to their length take up the entire side of a car, making if VERY difficult to get them on/off as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter