Which resort is a never or never again for you?

There are no resorts I've stayed in that I'd consider a "never again." Even the All Stars are fine with me.

The only resort I really have no interest in at all is Saratoga Springs (unless I could do a treehouse, but that's a bit out of budget lol). I just don't care for the theme, but if I got a really good deal on it, I'd still give it a try.

(Well I will add that I didn't care TOO much for Caribbean Beach when I stayed. It was fine, just didn't blow me away. I did like being in Jamaica and right next to the Skyliner though. I'd for sure stay again though, especially once more of the rooms are updated.)

I try to never say never… A resort that doesn’t appeal to my family might be perfect for a solo trip or a resort that as no appeal to me might be desirable for a family member.

One thing for sure is I don’t share a double bed with anyone. That used to rule out the Values and the CBR pirates rooms but the refurbishments are removing that restriction.

My favourite resorts are Poly and BC. I would not pay a big extra for OKW, SSR, CR or FW compared to a Value. If the upgrade is offered then I might give them a try.
I am also a never say never. You pick the resort that fits your needs.

POP is not a favorite but I’ve actually had 3 stays there cause it fit what I needed/wanted for a trip. There’s really not a ‘bad’ choice. I mean it’s Disney. Any Disney stay is a good time barring disaster.

I used to say AoA would be a never/last choice because I had multiple dislikes during my stay (opening month Little Mermaid room).

Now I’m planning a make up birthday trip from last year that was canceled due to a cancer Dx. I’m currently in remission, I need at least a microwave, will probably have a scooter part of the trip, want more than a bus option.

So I’m in a suite at AoA. Not my favorite resort but it fits my needs and was a decent price (still hoping for some late summer discounts but I’m comfortable with the price point to keep the room category that I have).

I may end up changing but I’m staying at my ‘never’ resort and looking forward to it.

I am also a never say never. You pick the resort that fits your needs.

POP is not a favorite but I’ve actually had 3 stays there cause it fit what I needed/wanted for a trip. There’s really not a ‘bad’ choice. I mean it’s Disney. Any Disney stay is a good time barring disaster.

I used to say AoA would be a never/last choice because I had multiple dislikes during my stay (opening month Little Mermaid room).

Now I’m planning a make up birthday trip from last year that was canceled due to a cancer Dx. I’m currently in remission, I need at least a microwave, will probably have a scooter part of the trip, want more than a bus option.

So I’m in a suite at AoA. Not my favorite resort but it fits my needs and was a decent price (still hoping for some late summer discounts but I’m comfortable with the price point to keep the room category that I have).

I may end up changing but I’m staying at my ‘never’ resort and looking forward to it.

… and just like that I am changing resorts 😆. My folks decided not to fly out and meet me so I moved over to Wilderness Lodge since I no longer need all that room and an accessible Deluxe Studio meets my needs. However I still stand by the never say never caveàt.

I mostly stay at DVC, but once every few years I have a business trip or conference in the area - they offer the Marriott center or similar, but I request credits to apply to staying on Disney property so on the nights and off days of the conference I can be in Disney - so that puts me in moderate to value resorts at times. The only time I stayed at a value was at All Star Music - it was my least favorite stay.

I don't know that I'd call it a never again, but I'd do my best to avoid it - and likely Pop too. In general, just too loud, lots of people running around the outside halls, doors slamming, etc, talking very loudly in the mornings or evenings right outside the door.

Even with the same types of design, I found French Quarter to be significantly quieter - Riverside and Coronado were both OK too. So no outright NEVERS, but Pop and All Star are likely NOs if I can avoid them.

We've only been to 3 and mine depends on who I'm going with. Pop was fine for 2 adults, but I wouldn't stay there with my family of 4, rooms are just too small, and they were newly remodeled and already dirty. OKW we did pre-remodel and it was old and not that nice, and the bus took forever. Caribbean Beach is our favorite of the 3, we liked that it was spread out and quiet, frequently walked to Riviera to eat, and loved the Skyliner. Caribbean Beach is the only resort of the 3 we'd go back to but next time we're going to try an Epcot resort.

Let's be honest--some resorts just don't appeal, whether theme, location, level of stay (Value, Moderate, Deluxe), whatever that's not a matter of price.

Mine would be any of the Values--too gaudy for me. And Animal Kingdom anything--yuck!

Don't find the atmosphere or being on the BoardWalk appealing, so no to BoardWalk Inn or Villas.

Stayed at the Contemporary--once was enough. Although, it's kinda ironic that I used to say I didn't like it because it looked like The Incredibles would stay there. And now, it's Incredibles-themed!

Which answer the question for you? (Please! No "Try it! You might like it.")
I really like both AKL buildings but I have to be in the mood for that much theming. Boardwalk is boring in my opinion (really only good for the location) and the rooms are sort of outdated. Not worth the money/points. I love Copper Creek and would love to stay there again. I don’t mind most of the Values — they’re where I stayed as a kid so I think it’s nostalgic for me — but I really don’t like All Star Sports. It’s hard on the eyes. Old Key West is relaxing, the rooms are big and it’s usually not too overcrowded, but the sheer size of the place makes bus-catching and resort mug refills a pain. Honestly I’d probably never stay at Pop Century. Yes, it has the skyliner, but it’s usually a little pricier than the other Values for no true reason, and I think the theming is lazy. Also, it just got a big room remodel and I think the new ones look like Disney themed hospital rooms. Plus I am not a fan of the one-queen-bed-and-one-murphy-bed thing they’re doing at a lot of the resorts now. I understand that it might save space if you don’t need the other bed but it’s just a pain in my opinion.

Galactic Starcruiser. Just can’t see the value.

Somehow, that's not surprising. :)

I think Disney's starting to figure out it wasn't their savviest business decision ever.

I suspect it'll ultimately become a Star Wars-themed hotel at a much more earthbound price with DIY getaways to the SW rides and such.

ETA: I must be psychic or somethin'. Pete said on today's Dis Unplugged that he thinks it simply has to become a regular hotel, Deluxe rates. Others chimed in maybe with the cosplay like the original format for scheduled weekend events once a month or several times a year.

Dates are being canceled because discounts aren't getting bookings? What does that tell us? Seems pretty clear this egg Disney laid is becoming rotten fast.

And now, back on track before I run the thread entirely off the rails...

Last edited:
Honestly after staying at Yacht and Beach Club, we would find it hard to stay at any other resorts because we love Yacht and Beach so much! Even if more expensive resorts like the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and the Polynesian were on offer for less than Yacht and Beach, I’d still choose Yacht and Beach. :D

There are no resorts I've stayed in that I'd consider a "never again." Even the All Stars are fine with me.

The only resort I really have no interest in at all is Saratoga Springs (unless I could do a treehouse, but that's a bit out of budget lol). I just don't care for the theme, but if I got a really good deal on it, I'd still give it a try.

(Well I will add that I didn't care TOO much for Caribbean Beach when I stayed. It was fine, just didn't blow me away. I did like being in Jamaica and right next to the Skyliner though. I'd for sure stay again though, especially once more of the rooms are updated.)
If you're using DVC points for a large group, the treehouses are way cheaper than other larger rooms. I would only do it if you're trying to fit as many people in a room as possible.

Somehow, that's not surprising. :)

I think Disney's starting to figure out it wasn't their savviest business decision ever.

I suspect it'll ultimately become a Star Wars-themed hotel at a much more earthbound price with DIY getaways to the SW rides and such.

ETA: I must be psychic or somethin'. Pete said on today's Dis Unplugged that he thinks it simply has to become a regular hotel, Deluxe rates. Others chimed in maybe with the cosplay like the original format for scheduled weekend events once a month or several times a year.

Dates are being canceled because discounts aren't getting bookings? What does that tell us? Seems pretty clear this egg Disney laid is becoming rotten fast.

And now, back on track before I run the thread entirely off the rails...
I'm starting to think this was the plan all along. I think many people predicted it going to a normal hotel before it even opened, and I think most people thought that was going to be the case before the two night journeys were announced.

Honestly after staying at Yacht and Beach Club, we would find it hard to stay at any other resorts because we love Yacht and Beach so much! Even if more expensive resorts like the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and the Polynesian were on offer for less than Yacht and Beach, I’d still choose Yacht and Beach. :D
Ditto….!! Glad it’s not just me. I use to think the Poly and GF were the best but even after I stayed at them I would always choose a different hotel for my next visit. My logic was it was fun to go to a new resort every year for variety sake and because I wanted to try every Disney hotel. Well we have at this point stayed at all of them minus SSR, BWI pop and all stars and since we tried YC/BC back in 2016 variety has went out the window because we don’t want to stay anywhere else. 🤗 We had to deviate from YC during the height of the pandemic when SAB was closed and they were offering all those crazy upgrades. We were upgraded to a 3 bed grand villa at the Rivera and while that villa was everything dreams are made of to say the least we still missed the YC and have stayed there every summer since.😆

I don’t have any that are strictly never again. I can say my least favorites are AKL (I like to be near a water feature if I can, especially for that price point) and GF (I absolutely hate that self parking is across the street since I like easy access to my car and don’t let anyone else drive it), but if one of those was my only option, I would be there for sure.

For us the resort we will never stay at again is Saratoga Springs. I was not thrilled with the entry to the room being in an outside corridor. The corridor was covered in cobwebs and dead insects. Plus only 1 quick service and 1 table service restaurant. (Guess we are used to the monorail line or the BCV / BWV area where there are many selections).

Wow, this thread has been around a long time and I finally read it....lol. Whew! Lots of pages.

Never -- We will never stay at FW cabins or campsites. No desire to be roughing it with nature during a WDW vacation. The walking around the parks is rough enough! Someone would have to pay me to stay here.

Never Again -- CSR. Had a bad experience here many years ago. Beautiful resort. Didn't even mind the buses and the walking. It was the food and staff. We found that the outside vendor who runs the restaurants here does not take food allergies as seriously as Disney owned food service. My DD has many food allergies and was served food with an allergen after denying it several times before finally admitting their mistake. I also became very ill my last planned evening at the resort and the misinformation and ineptitude of the front desk staff was overwhelming and made a difficult situation even worse.

No Desire -- The Value resorts simply because the rooms are so small and everything is too loud both auditorily and visually. OKW and SSR both look like an apartment complex and too spread out. WL is beautiful but looks like the architecture we see around Wisconsin all the time. We would only consider staying here at Christmas.

Everything else is fair game depending on budget and number of days staying. There are many resorts I would not stay for more than a few nights for different reasons. Our favs are GF, POFQ and YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter