Which rental stroller for my crew?

4littleones

DIS Veteran
Based on everyone's recommendations I am going to rent two double strollers. Now I just need to decide where to rent from and what to get?

4.5 yr old - 40" and about 35lbs
4.5 y r old - 40" and 31lbs
almost 3 yr old - 36" and 28lbs
17mth old and about 20lbs

Will I City mini be too hard to push with my 4 yr olds? What will they fit in comfortably? We have a mini van with us so I don't need to worry about how big or small a stroller folds.

Would I be better off with renting more of a jogging type double stroller with air tires because of how big my kids are?

Which jogging stroller or what rental company?

I live in a hilly area so I am used to struggling trying to push a heavy stroller, I imagine Orlando as more flat so do I need a jogging stroller or will a city mini or micro be just fine for us with all the flatness?

Again I don't care how big it is, just a nice push and comfortable for the kids. I'd like the two strollers not to cost me a a small fortune either.

My 36lb 4.5 year old and my 34lb 2 year old fit nicely in the city mini. We toured Busch Gardens Williamsburg with a friend and her children and there were times when the 45lb 6 year old road with my 4.5 year old. BGW is HILLY and it wasn't too hard to manage. The smaller footprint means alot when in a crowd so the City Mini would win for me.

I have the city micro which is slightly smaller then the mini and it's sooo easy to bush my almost 5 yo girls and they total between 80-90 lbs depending on which girl is in it. Actually at times mommy cheats and I get the 3rd one on the handle bar which brings the weight to over 120 and it's still easy to push compare to most strollers that i've tried. I would honnestely stay with the mini. It's easy to fold and soo light to push.

Check out the strollers offered by OSR. I'm sure that the BJ City Mini double would be fine for the 2 younger children. I rented one for my 2 year old twins last month. What we have at home is the BJ City Classic, similar to the Elite, but discontinued.

For your 4 year olds, you may want one of the doubles w/ bigger wheels, to make pushing a bit easier, either the BJ City Elite double or the BOB Dualie. Have fun.

You can check out Kingdom Strollers..they had great strollers at good prices.

I have the City Mini double for my twins, and they're the same weights as yours. I love that stroller, and its great to push them around in. I would go ahead and rent the City Mini double!
Hope that helps!:goodvibes

We rented a City Double from Orlando Stroller Rentals in May for our 4 and 6 yr old. It was easy to push and manage in the crowds.
The rental from the company was easy and stress free. It was at our resort when we arrived and we just dropped it off at the concierge when we left.

You can check out Kingdom Strollers..they had great strollers at good prices.

Thanks everyone!

I was thinking Orlando but ultimately we went with Matt at Kingdom and I have 2 Double City Mini's coming to our resort in Sept :cool1:.

He add's in a parent organizer and rain covers with no additional cost. He also gave me a discount on the 2nd stroller after I called him. Really nice to deal with!

We found a company that rents Phil & Teds. They were a better fit for our bigger kids. Price was GREAT! orlandostrollerstogo.com :) good luck

How tall are the OSR strollers for mom and dad to push? I recently bought a stroller for WDW but honestly it's a little short and uncomfortable to push so now I'm thinking about renting one. I'm not super tall just about 5'7".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter