Which park would you leave out?Why?

Almost everyone will say either AK or Epcot. A vocal minority will say DHS. If you like to ride rides, leave out AK, it really only has Expedition Everest as far as thrill rides go, Kali River Rapids is kinda a generic water ride, though the wait line is pretty freaking amazing themeing. Both Epcot and AK are very, very hot in the afternoons, though in my experience AK is more oppressive heat. Both have a lot of walking, and both are not what you would consider classic kid parks. If you like to watch animals, and are more of a slow mover who likes to absorb atmosphere, I'd skip DHS over epcot or AK. If you have young children, my skip recommendation would be Epcot. There's a lot of walking with very little loud, in your face, entertainment at the end, unless they are princess nuts. Then you could easily spend the afternoon going country to country and meeting all the princesses.

Epcot-we're ride junkies and Epcot just doesn't have enough choices. We love magic kingdom, Star Wars/Pixar, and animals so I can't imagine a trip and leaving out one of the other three.

I think it depends on factors of ages of people in party, what you have seen during prior trips and how you are touring (i.e. 1 full day each park, hopping 3 parks over 2 days)

With that in mind, I could see reasons why it could be any park but MK.

I personally would leave out Epcot, because even though I like it quite a lot, I feel like it has the least to offer me other than good dining options. DHS is my favorite park for many reasons, and I love the animal trails, safari, bird show, etc at AK, so I wouldn't want to skip either of those parks. Epcot just sort of loses by default when I rank them. :(

I think it depends on factors of ages of people in party, what you have seen during prior trips and how you are touring (i.e. 1 full day each park, hopping 3 parks over 2 days)

With that in mind, I could see reasons why it could be any park but MK.

That said, I agree entirely with this post. :thumbsup2

For us, it would be Animal Kingdom. We're two adults, so AK has the fewest attractions that appeal to us. With the exception of Dinosaur, we can skip Dino Land completely. We aren't huge fans of the shows, and the trails don't take us long. We also skip Rafiki's Planet Watch - it takes us longer to get there than we actually spend there. AK is usually a half day park for us, and a park we only visit once per trip. We like Animal Kingdom and appreciate it for what it is, but just find there's more to do at the other three parks.

DHS for us...Just not enough there that really sparks our interest.... Aside from Rockin roller coaster and Tower of Terror I have no other real interest in that park.

We love Epcot! Love to stroll the WS and enjoy the different food options and cocktails! Relax and take our time...People watch!:goodvibes
Love Soarin too!

Animal Kingdom park I think is just beautiful and I really enjoy walking around there and taking in all the sites and it closes earlier and gives us time in the evening to enjoy our resort pool or dinner at DTD.

Magic Kingdom of course has lots of appeal for us from Dining, to rides to parades and fireworks!! The heart of Walt Disney World!pixiedust:

Guess it just depends on everyone's preference.

We are arriving in November for 5 days and only plan to visit MK and Epcot for Food and Wine Festival!!;)

I don't think I could ever skip AK. It's probably my second fave park behind MK. My last trip I skipped Epcot, not because I don't enjoy it, but because I just wasn't feelin it that time around.

If I had to, I'd leave out AK. There's just not much stuff that interests me - I don't like getting wet, especially if it's cold, so Kali River Rapids is out. Dinoland bores me. I'm not big on Lion King or Nemo. The only things I really enjoy at AK are Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest (which my bf hates, so I skip it if he's with me), the wildlife treks, and the Yak Attack drink at the Yak & Yeti. I also find the shopping selections to be a bore.

Probably AK. EPCOT has always been my kids favorite park, even when they were younger. They loved visiting all the countries and eating all the different types of food!

DHS, I've never been. November will be our first visit but it doesn't appeal to me too much; at least not with a toddler in tow.

Animal Kingdom. Definitely Animal Kingdom. It is my least favorite park, my husband's least favorite park, and my daughter's least favorite park. It is the only park that my daughter doesn't talk about. It's the only one that doesn't have a ride she constantly asking about. I had been a few times when I was younger, in college, and in the college program, and it just never appealed to me. On our honeymoon, my husband asked to go there. We were there less than an hour before he said that he was ready to go. It just seems that there is so much missed potential there. First, the marketed it as "Nahtazu". I felt this was a mistake. Embrace being a zoo, but be a zoo as only Disney can. Instead, it's just this missed chance. It's absolutely huge! All three parks can fit comfortably inside. Most agree that MK and Epcot are both 2 day parks. Some argue that DHS is a full day or a half day park. How is it possibly, though, that you can fit the equivalent of 4 and a half days worth of parks into this one park and so many still feel it is a half day park? There really aren't enough animals for my liking. I mean, you see them on the safari and that's great. And you can see some on Pangani or Maharaja, but sometimes, I just want to walk up and see the giraffes or zebras. That's not an option. It's so hot. And it's so hard to find your way around. All of the other parks are much easier to navigate. Heck, if I was better at navigating the park, I might not even spend a full half-day there. Flights of Wonder was a disappointment for us. so was Kali. We liked the safari and Everest, as well as Festival of the Lion King. I was hoping for more at Rafiki's Planet Watch. They got rid of the parade which is what kept the vast majority of the guests there after 2:00. It's just.... not as good as it could and should have been.

Now Magic Kingdom I could never miss. It is quintessential Disney. You enter here and you are a child again. I love the rides, the shows, the food, the fireworks, the sounds, etc. It is most definitely a two-day park. In fact, you probably need more than that if you have never been before. I love the thrill of Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. I love the silliness of Jungle Cruise and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I love the calmness of riding People Mover, Liberty Square Riverboat, and the train. I love the nostalgia of Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and It's a Small World. They have the best counter service restaurants here and a trip isn't complete without listening to a set of Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's. Each land is beautifully themed from the ground to the sound. Skipping this park would never be an option.

Hollywood Studios is my favorite park. There was never a time it wasn't my favorite park. Sci Fi Dine In is, in my opinion, the most intricately themed restaurant in all of Walt Disney World. 50's Prime Time is up there, as well. Tower of Terror is a ride that I actually WANT there to be a line for so that I can try and take in some of the surroundings that are so beautifully done prior to getting on the ride. The streetmosphere characters here are wonderfully talented and just delightful. I love the nostalgia of Great Movie Ride. Beauty and the Beast is absolutely beautiful, as is Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I can't imagine not going in One Man's Dream or Magic of Disney Animation. Muppet Vision 3D makes me laugh, no matter how many times I have seen it. One of my favorite things to do here is grab a cupcake from Starring Rolls and go sit on Commissary Lane and watch the people as I listen to the theme songs that bring back such fond memories. I could wonder around this park for hours taking in all of the little details from the umbrella that rains on you to the rope outside of Indy. I love this park and everything about it. Skipping it would never be an option.

Then we have Epcot. I must admit, I didn't appreciate it when I was younger. But, when I was doing the college program, I finally saw Epcot for all that it is. Future World, while not as great as it once was, does have some fantastic gems. Soarin' is a ride that my 80 year old grandma as well as my 3 year old daughter loves. Fun for our whole family, which isn't as easy to find in this park. Living with the Land is truly great and I loved the Behind the Seeds tour. Garden Grill is some of the best character dining on property with it's fresh food, fun atmosphere, and great character interaction. I love Club Cool and tasting cokes from around the world. Spaceship Earth is also not to be missed. Then you have World Showcase. Anyone who says that World Showcase isn't the best dining in Walt Disney World is wrong. Akershus is fantastic and even better than Cinderella's Royal Table, I think. Biergarten is a blast for the whole family. Via Napoli has some great pizza and wonderful servers. San Angel Inn is one of the most romantic restaurants on property. On top of all of this, you have wonderful cast member interactions. They are all so nice and friendly. The street performers are wonderful - every last one of them. There is something so romantic about strolling World Showcase in the evening as the son is going down. Epcot cannot be missed.

That leaves Animal Kingdom. It's far and away the first one I would consider skipping.

DHS, I've never been. November will be our first visit but it doesn't appeal to me too much; at least not with a toddler in tow.

Actually the toddler will probably enjoy Playhouse Disney. Probably even TSMM. They also have a playground and you could do several M&Gs.

That said if I had to skip one it would be DHS. The way I see it for one day MK (unless just my wife and I then maybe EPCOT). Other than that I would go 4 days and hit all 4 once. All are unique.

Probably the only one who'll say this, but if we just had 3 days, we would go to:

AK
Blizzard Beach
Typhoon Lagoon

We'd be mildly bummed to miss MK and super bummed to miss Epcot. We could be fine without DHS.

We would skip AK. We tend to spend a 1/2 day there currently anyway. I usually put it in the middle of our trip as a "relaxing day" since we dont feel rushed around and tend to take it easy there.

If we have hopping, we don't skip any parks (even if we just pop in and do SpaceShip Earth).

If we are doing base days, this is how our parks priorities stack up:

1 - HS
2 - 3 MK/EP (both are about even, and last year we had quite a bit of time at MK so we did EP this year)
4 - AK - Its fun but its not worth a base ticket, but I would hop in and hit Dinosaur, EE and Safari and move along. When they have the Bird show, I like that, but they got rid of Pocahontas's Forest Friends show and she was SOOO good, and the racoons etc were SOOO cute, I never missed it. When Avatar comes, this may change, but it's a long way off.

We skip DHS because it has no rides for the little ones. Even TSMM uses 3D glasses which don't work well with toddlers/pre-schoolers. The only thing there that makes me consider going is the Jedi training as my boys would probably love that.

We have been on two 3-day trips and for each one we skipped AK. I think they may have been pre-EE days. I like AK but it is the park we spend the least amount of time in. We usually wrap up around 3 or 4 and there is no nighttime stuff so we head out to eat at DTD or offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter