• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which one would you pick?

elastigirlfan

DIS Veteran
Which restaurant would you pick to eat at for the Fantasmic pckg: H&V, Brown Derby or Mama Melrose? It will be me, my DH, 2 DD's 8 & 10 (can be a little picky) and my mom who is a vegeatarian. Thanks.

Alyssa :earsgirl:

Good food and service, with BD second choice.H&V we have tried twice and really didn't enjoy the dining experience. :goodvibes :wave2:

Mama Melrose would probably have more selections tending toward vegetarian, but my choice would be the Brown Derby. ::MinnieMo

Hi to another Alyssa!! We're fans of the brown derby :cool1:

I tried Mama Melrose last year with the Fantasmic package. The food was good, but the wait was long. I'm trying the Derby this year. Does anyone have a recommendation for what's good there?

We always do the package at Mama Melrose, and even eat there when not doing the package. We love it!

Brown Derby - first choice,
Mama Melroses - second choice
We didn't like the H&V Fantasmic dinner package at all - restaurant seemed to unorganized and crazy for our taste.

We really enjoyed the FD package at the Brown Derby 2 weeks ago.The Cobb Salad is amazing. So were the desserts! :wave2:

We just did the Fantasmic dinner package last month with the BD and the meal was one of the best that we had our whole 10 day trip. Wonderful service, wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere -- didn't feel like part of a package at all. In fact, I think for the adults in the party the meal at BD was the highlight rather than Fantasmic! We have two little ones (age 2 & 7) both picky eaters and they had no problems stuffing themselves there.

H&V I went there and had no trouble finding food in my vegetarian days, I'm a very picky eater and now because of food allergies I have to eat some meat. I've never had a bad meal there, and there is something there for everyone. Also DM could speak to the chef about veg options thats what I did! Plus it is the least expensive, I didnt enjoy BD at all, I like plain foods so I had a hard time there, and I can't eat at mama melrose cuz of my food allergies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter