• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which neighborhood in San Diego?

Rubygoose

Everybody's got a laughing place
We will be spending spring break in Southern California, with 5 days in San Diego in the middle of March, and then 5 in Anaheim. I'm looking at vacation rentals for the San Diego portion of our trip, but I'm not sure which neighborhood is more desirable. I have narrowed down my search to 3 properties in 3 different areas: La Jolla, about 2 long blocks from the beach; pacific beach, beachfront; and Mission Beach, south, beachfront (beach side, not bay). The La Jolla neighbourhood looks like the richer, safer area, but I don't know if the walk to the beach will be too long for my kids. Also, it looks a little further from Sea World and the Zoo (we will have a car.) I like the properties right on the beach, but worry that they will be too noisy. Any advice on the pros/cons of these neighborhoods?

Any property on beach area will be pricey. La Jolla is very nice. Noise level depends on the part of the beach area your in. Near port it a bit nosier due to the traffic. Have you looked at the reviews for the area you want to rent in? I feel safe in all the beach areas myself.

La Jolla is nice and upscale. 2 blocks is not very far.

Pacific Beach is bar central, and therefore louder.

South Mission Beach has it's share of bars as well but is somewhat quieter as it is towards the end of the board walk.

Either of the two beachfront boardwalk properties will have constant foot, bike, scooter traffic going by from dawn to past dusk - it's a thing here. That said, it's great for people watching and you might get to meet some of the colorful ones like Slomo (retired dr. who rides all day in slow motion - google him). The other thing to consider is that Spring Break is nuts. So if you're looking for peace and quiet, La Jolla would be your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter