Which MK Attractions Usually Open Early?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
On the bus headed to Magic Kingdom. Anyone know which attractions are most likely to be up and running?

Thanks!.

When we were there in September only Mine Train and Peter Pan were running in Fantasyland.

When we were there Thanksgiving week, we started the day in Tomorrowland on our first MK day. We were admitted entry to Space around 8:20 for a 9am open. On our second MK day, we headed left and started in Frontierland. Big Thunder began running around 8:30, but Splash did not beginning running until precisely 9am.

On the day after Thanksgiving - Pirates was open by 8:30 as well. In fact, a CM in front of Jungle Cruise was directing people to Pirates.

Thanks!

Yesterday Mine Train began at 7:30, Peter Pan was up and running by the time I got there at 7:42. Big Thunder didn’t start until 7:58.

On the day after Thanksgiving - Pirates was open by 8:30 as well. In fact, a CM in front of Jungle Cruise was directing people to Pirates.
This is funny. On Thanksgiving, Pirates didn’t open until 8:55 (we chose wrong and stood in that line when we should have done Fantasyland).

This is funny. On Thanksgiving, Pirates didn’t open until 8:55 (we chose wrong and stood in that line when we should have done Fantasyland).

We, too, were in that Pirates line on Thanksgiving that didn't open early :/

So I haven’t been to the parks in a very long time ( other than the DVC moonlight madness or Christmas parties) so I’m a little confused. Are you saying they let people in and start rides earlier than park opening? We are planning on HS next Tuesday IF I get boarding passes at 7 am. It says park opens at 9 am. Should we be at the park earlier to possibly ride any opened ride? We are staying at Beach club. Would the boats be running early? Thanks for any info!

So I haven’t been to the parks in a very long time ( other than the DVC moonlight madness or Christmas parties) so I’m a little confused. Are you saying they let people in and start rides earlier than park opening? We are planning on HS next Tuesday IF I get boarding passes at 7 am. It says park opens at 9 am. Should we be at the park earlier to possibly ride any opened ride? We are staying at Beach club. Would the boats be running early? Thanks for any info!
I was at the front of the DHS temperature screening on Saturday. Official opening was at 10:00 a.m. but I was riding MMRR by 9:15(ish) and waited 15-20 minutes for Slinky Dog around 9:30.

I was at the front of the DHS temperature screening on Saturday. Official opening was at 10:00 a.m. but I was riding MMRR by 9:15(ish) and waited 15-20 minutes for Slinky Dog around 9:30.
So how early did you get there before posted opening(10am)?? Our opening is at 9am next week. What time should we be there? Anyone know how early the boats starts?

So how early did you get there before posted opening(10am)?? Our opening is at 9am next week. What time should we be there? Anyone know how early the boats starts?
I was at the temperature screening at 8:30. I drove, had breakfast at Trattoria and walked over.

You can read just back experiences on that thread and see different experiences
They have been opening the parks earlier than official time to alleviate congestion at the tapstiles.
The toll plaza themselves only open about an hour to 45 min before official park openings if you show up any earlier they will make you drive around
None of this is guaranteed as the situation is very fluid right now and operational decisions are made daily so do not expect anything to open before official park opening

You can read just back experiences on that thread and see different experiences
They have been opening the parks earlier than official time to alleviate congestion at the tapstiles.
The toll plaza themselves only open about an hour to 45 min before official park openings if you show up any earlier they will make you drive around
None of this is guaranteed as the situation is very fluid right now and operational decisions are made daily so do not expect anything to open before official park opening
Thank you. I guess we can walk over from beach club if the boats aren’t running.

Back on the Sun after Thanksgiving for a 9am opening we planned to do Splash first and as we walked past Jungle Cruise around 8:40am it was still not letting people on yet, but Pirates was open so we did that first then over to Splash which was already a 25min wait by the time we got in line, but it went smoothly and then over to BTMR after that with a similar wait. This past Sat (12/5) was our last day and we got to MK around 8:20am and the line for SDMT was already fully wrapped around the ride all the way to Little Mermaid, but that was open so our kids went to do that while we waited in line for SDMT. But that last day was a decent run, 5 rides done by 11:30am: Little Mermaid, SDMT, Indy, BTMR, and finished with Jungle Cruise before having to catch the ME back to MCO.

We got back on Sunday night. MK- Mine train didn't open until park opening, neither did Splash. We did Thunder, Pirates, and HM. Then moved on to Splash and Mine Train

Anyone have any updated experiences with this? We are going this week & plan to be in the park as soon as they let us in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter