• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which meal at Crystal Palace?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I've never been to CP. Trying to decide which meal to book (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Please tell me which is your favorite - in terms of the quality of the food. What are some of the best dishes that they serve? Thanks!

I've never been to CP. Trying to decide which meal to book (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Please tell me which is your favorite - in terms of the quality of the food. What are some of the best dishes that they serve? Thanks!

I would do breakfast, because there is nothing like walking down Main Street before park opens and getting castle pictures with Nobody around!!

We love breakfast. I agree with OP, there is nothing like walking down an almost empty Main Street. The breakfast food is pretty good too. We love Pooh Toast :)

You're not paying for the food here; if you were you wouldn't be happy. It's typical buffet food -- nothing special. Just go with whatever fits your schedule best.

If the food isn't good I'm not really interested. Is Liberty Tree Tavern's food better?

I've always done breakfast & fill up for the day ahead :thumbsup2 My kids were into Winnie the Pooh when they were younger so it was well worth it for us as a family.

Another vote for breakfast. Poohs Puffed French Toast and the Breakfast Lasagna make this a must do every trip for me.

For years we have only ever done lunch and my kids love it. This year we're doing breakfast and lunch. I'm excited to try Pooh's puffed French toast and the breakfast lasagna.

Definitely breakfast. We've done lunch too but the food is much better at breakfast IMO (love pooh French toast). My kids enjoyed both. And like everyone else has said, if you get a before the park opens ADR it is really neat to be able to take pictures when the park is empty.

We always do breakfast our very first park day. We prefer it over lunch or dinner.

We think the food is really good at breakfast. It is my dh's only "must-do" each visit. Pooh and friends are a bonus!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We've done breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is much better, by far. And if your ADR is early enough, you get all kinds of great pictures on an empty Main Street...definitely worth it!

If the food isn't good I'm not really interested. Is Liberty Tree Tavern's food better?

I think that CP for breakfast has really good food and is a lot of fun. If I had to choose between CP and LTT for Lunch it would be LTT hands down for food they have some of the best lunch in the Magic Kingdom. Dinner at both is just ok in my book. I would go for the breakfast at CP overall though because of how fun it is!

Definitely breakfast ! It is a must do for us. We also enjoy the omelet / egg station.

Another vote for CP Breakfast. On our last trip, we decided to do dinner instead and I really wish we hadn't. I didn't like the taste of anything at dinner - it all seemed to be seasoned the same and it was a bit too spicy, even the broccoli! Desserts are my favorite thing at Disney, and none of them appealed to me. The breakfast is much better! The Pooh's puffed french toast is something I long for! :love: They make fresh pancakes, and last visit they added chocolate chips to ours, sometimes it's the little things! And the character interaction is great.
But, my entire family loves LTT. We've only done dinner there, and if you like traditional Thanksgiving food, I highly recommend trying them out. I'll be doing lunch there in 3 weeks, primarily to try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, but their lunch selections look amazing, too!
If you want a character meal, with IMO very good food, I'd do breakfast at CP. If you're looking for a quieter meal, though, I'd do lunch or dinner at LTT. Aw heck, do one at each! :laughing:

Book breakfast before the park opens. By the time you finish the park will just be opening. Walking down an empty main st and getting great pics in front of castle before breakfast are a bonus as well

Yet another vote for breakfast!!! :goodvibes I usually only do character breakfast buffets and when I do a dinner buffet I do something non-character like Cape May Cafe. I would never do a lunch buffet in the heat, but that's just me.

Maybe brunch? That's what we always do then you guys can just go to Splash and Thunder Mountain right after? Have fun whatever you choose!

We did breakfast at CP and it was very good. I liked everything there, from the Mickey waffles to the cheesy potatoes. We also had lunch at LTT, which was also very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter