• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which mansion building at POR?

bigsky

<font color=teal>4 by land, and<br><font color=dar
Wondering which mansion building you would reccomend. We've never stayed at POR. We want to be close to the bus stops and possibly food courts. NO smoking! Nice views as well. Ok...I'm VERY picky.

Are all the bus stops up and running? Or just the one at the bayou buildings? Wasn't sure if more than one is running, some might be better than others. I've heard stories of people waiting for an hr. for a bus. Not my idea of fun.

Any suggestions would be helpful... This is our first time at WDW. Can't wait to go!!

thanks!

I am also curious about the answer to the recommended buildings. We are considering staying here as well, but never have! It looks gorgeous!!

We stayed there last year in the Parterre Place building. It was beautifully landscaped, right near a quiet pool, and a short walk over the bridge to the main desk/shop/food court building. Across from that building was the main bus stop.

We stayed in Magnolia Terrace 3 or 4 years ago. We liked it, the building was real pretty with rose bushes all around, the bus stop was right there, a quiet pool was on one side and the bridge over to the main pool and food court was right outside the building. If you book standard view, request a courtyard view.

Another vote for Magnolia Terrace. We were on the second floor, with a water-view. Now, the water-view was not so great. You could see the river, but you had to be outside of your room. But it's a great section. Rooms nice, close to everything. We loved it.

Still another vote for Magnolia Terrace. I've stayed in all 4 mansion buildings (5 trips to POR). Loved the little gazebo in front of MT and found it the most convenient location.

Looks like we might be staying at the Magnolia Terrace. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure it's all beautiful, but some areas might have an advantage over another.

Laura~

:p DW and I have requested Magnolia Terrace for our Dec. 12-16 trip after finding out Oak Manor was a smoking building. Last Sept. we stayed in AB14 and loved the resort.:p

I have a map up on my website listed below for Port Orleans. We have always stayed in AB 14 and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter