Which Is Better Discovery Magic Or Resort Magic

ivrysbaby

Earning My Ears
HELLO ALL MY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING TO WDW IN JULY AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHICH PACKAGE IS BEST. I HEAR FROM DIFFERENT TRAVEL AGENTS THAT RESORT MAGIC IS THE BEST BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER AND MUCH BETTER THAN THE DISCOVERY PACKAGE DUE TO THE FACT THAT KIDS TEND TO WASTE FOOD. I KNOW MY 9 YEAR OLD IS A EATER AND SO IS MY 13 YEAR OLD BUT, AS STATED BEFORE THEY DO WASTE AND I WONDER IF THEY WILL EAT 500 DOLLARS WORTH A FOOD APIECE. I REALLY NEED YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS. WE ARE STAYING AT THE CBR FOR 8 DAYS AND SINCE WE PLAN ON GOING TO SEA WORLD, UNIVERSAL AND BUSCH GARDENS WE ONLY PURCHASED THE 6DAY HOPPER WITH PLUS FEATURES. I'M LEANING TOWARDS THE SEVEN DAY FOR SOME ODD REASON:D WELL IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INPUT-PROS-CONS AND WHATEVER ELSE INFO YOU HAVE ON THESE PACKAGES I WOULD REALLY REALLYYYYYYYYY APPRECIATE IT:D :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I must admit I'm a bit confused by yor post. The resort magic and discovery magic passes both come with the Unlimited Magic Passes which serve as admission to all the parks from the day you arrive until the day you leave. But you stated here that you intend to buy your passes seperately because you'll be visiting other parks. My best advice to you is to ignore all the packages and pay as you go, you'll find you'll save a lot of money that way.

HERE'S THE DEAL
I TALKED TO A DISNEY REP THE OTHER DAY AND SHE STATED THAT WITH THE DISCOVERY MAGIC PLAN THAT INCLUDES THE FOOD AND THE WISHES I WOULD SAVE MONEY BY GOING WITH THIS PACKAGE.
THE PRICE SHE GAVE ME WAS 6509.38 FOR MYSELF, HUBBY, MY MOTHER, SON AGE 9,DAUGHTER AGE 13 AND OUR LITTLE COUSIN WHO IS 10. THEDISNEY REP ALSO STATED THAT FOR THE TIME WE ARE THERE WE WILL SPEND A HIGHER COST FOR THE FOOD AT THE RESTUARANTS I HAVE RESERVED THAN WE WOULD WITH THE DISCOVERY MAGIC PACKAGE. I HAVE ALL THE CHARACTER BREAKFASTES, DISNEY BACKYARD BBQ, JIKO'S, BOMA'S THE CRYSTAL PALACE FOR DINNER OUR FIRST DAY THERE AND OHANA'S
I KNOW ABOUT THE TICKETS AND WHATS INCLUDED I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THE DISCOVERY MAGIC PACKAGE IS WORTH IT. LIKE MOST KIDS OUR KIDS TEND TO WASTE FOOD AND I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT WASN'T WORTH IT. I KNOW ABOUT THE MAGICAL WISHES AND EVEN THOUGH THEY SOUND NICE I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE WE WILL FIND THE TIME TO DO ALL. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME PLANNING A TRIP TO WDW I AM AT MY WITS END TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH IS BEST. RIGHT NOW I JUST HAVE THE ROOM RESERVATION AND PURCHASING TICKETS SEPERATELY. :confused: IF YOU GUYS CAN PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO THAN PLEASE YOUR REPLY IS WELCOMED. :) IF IT'S WORTH THAN ILL GO THAT ROUTE BUT IF IT'S NOT THAN I KNOW I CAN FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO SPEND MONEY ON OTHER THINGS AT WDW:confused:

You will have to have full sit-down meals at least twice a day to make the Discovery Magic Package worth the cost. Keep in mind the approximate cost of a Magical Wish is $33. You will come out much better with the room-only reservation and purchasing the passes separately. Then you won't be paying for passes (the Ultimate Park Hopper pass is included with either Discovery Magic or Resort Magic) on those days you are visiting other Orlando-area attractions.

If you go with the package.. you will be paying for park access from arrival date to departure date - even on the days that you go to seaworld, universal etc. So, in effect, you are wasting $50 per person per day that you go somewhere besides disney world.

best option.. book room, buy 7 day park hopper plus passes (plusses good at water parks, pleasure island, sports complex - and never ever ever expire). Pay for your meals as you go. Portions are HUGE - you would likely be able to share 3 meals between all 6 of you and order a couple appetizers. Besides, that is a lOT of time to spend in restaurants! I cannot imagine eating a sit down breakfast, lunch AND dinner! They would have to roll me outta the world!

good luck no matter what you decide to do!

Although I am using the Discovery Magic Package for my upcoming honeymoon to WDW, if I were ivrysbaby, I would book everything separately.

The only reason that I used Discovery is because I like the feeling of having meals prepaid. It will be my honeymoon, so I don't wanna spend the night discussing with my husband where we wanna have food and how much we wanna spend.

With little kids, I won't use the package at all since kids are unpredictable and they have their own biological clock. i will just eat when and where ever they want.

I agree with the others. But, if you are going to get a package, do the Resort Magic and then purchase your food separately. The kids will most likely not eat enough to get your moneys worth out of the Discovery Magic, nor will some adults. We felt pressured into eating big meals when we didn't want to. We felt like we had to, just to get our moneys worth out of the package.

We used our Ultimate Park Passes (they are like plastic credit cards) as charge cards and paid for food that way. When we checked out we paid the bill then with our our American Express card. Try not to let them talk you in to paying for food with your package, Magic Resort Package is a much better way to go. We have done both and I would never do the Discovery package again but it's really a personal choice. Have a great time and drink lots of bottled water!

RobinLyn :)

THANKS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE TRUTH HELPS IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS. I WISH THE AGENT I TALKED TO HAD OF BEEN HONEST ABOUT THE WHOLE THING BUT I GUESS SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE SALE:( ALL IN ALL I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR YOUR REPLYS I REALLY APPRECIATED IT
GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU:)

How to Start to Book A WDW Trip!!
Now you can start deciding what are the things that are "must do's" and "must see's." and decide the length of your trip.

Then decide on the tickets you will need here.
http://www.mousesavers.com/tickets.html

To keep an EYE on All the discounts for on-site and off-site resorts check here often and sign up for the MouseSavers.com newsletter to get all the best news.
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html

For Air fares sign up at all the Airline Web sites that fly out of your airport that fly to Orlando or MCO in airline speak. Then Check Expedia,Travelocity for airline deals. Also check out the Transporation Board air,car deals.
http://www.disboards.com/

Start a WDW change jar to save for your trip.[there are many tips here on this board!!]

Also you can decide where you will want to eat and start making plans to make your food budget and check the Priority Seatings Calculator to know when you can make PS's some are as far out as 730 Days.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

Also to help decide where to eat you can find menu's at Deb's wdw site,this works 2 ways to see where to eat what,and how much it costs, to finalize the food budget.
http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

To keep all this info in one place,here is a computer Disney Vacation Planner. It will print each day on a seperate sheet. Also check the pull down menu'sat the top for loads of info!!
http://www.intercot.com/planner/default.asp

Well,this should get you start on a thousand more Questions!! So,don't be shy! Ask away!! The kind members here will share what they know! So,check back often!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter