• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which hotel would you choose?

mellowme

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

So I think I've narrowed down my hotel search for our San Diego visit. My list is still a little long, so that's where I'm hoping you will come in and help me decide which hotel to go with.

A little insight: We will be visiting Sea World, San Diego Zoo etc. and if we have enough time, Legoland. Also, I really like the idea of being near the beach. I know that some of my hotel choices are a little drive from Sea World and that, but I'm hoping the drive isn't that bad from say Carlsbad to Sea World... maybe you can give me some insight on that?

The list is:

Beach Terrace Inn (Carlsbad)

Embassy Suites San Diego (La Jolla)

Residence Inn By Marriott (La Jolla)

Humphrey's Halfmoon Inn

Woodfin Suite Hotel San Diego (in the Business District)

Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar

Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall

Doubletree Club San Diego Del Mar

Hyatt Regency (La Jolla)

We are looking for a 1 bedroom suite or studio suite, with atleast a fridge.

I don't expect you to look them all up on the internet, but if you've had experience or know of someone that has had experience with any of the above hotels, I'd love to hear about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, I read somewhere that Carlsbad smells of sewage in some spots. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

I just plugged in your Carlsbad hotel to Sea World and got 35-40 minutes commute time (and that's with no traffic). Since Legoland is the only attraction up north, I don't think you should stay that far from the zoo and Sea World. La Jolla has nice beaches and is much closer to the zoo and SW. Even the Del Mar choices will be closer than the Carlsbad one.

I like Beach Terrace Inn (Carlsbad), because it near to beach so I could enjoy it and I can go there by walk also. All the hotels are good which you listed here. But I like to stay in the
Beach Terrace much then others.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn in La Jolla and it was really nice. I don't remember my room having a fridge, but I don't think we were staying in a suite, either.

Think I'm going to go for a last trip (my boys are 16 and 19 now!) to Disneyland, Paris... was thinking of staying on-site, but are there any better (ie cheaper!) hotels close by?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter