• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which hotel in LA?

c&m

Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me t
We booked our hotel in Anaheim for the time that we are going to the DL/CA parks. Then we want to head north, closer to LA.

We also want to spend 2 days visiting Santa Monica beach, La Brea Tar Pits, Farmers Market, The Grove, and American Girl. Which area in Los Angeles should we stay in to be close to those places? I was thinking downtown LA, but are there any hotels closer to the Grove? Please advise.

We want a nice hotel that's clean and family friendly. TIA!

Where is the Grove located?

I lived in LA for 7 years. I personally like to stay in Santa Monica - there are a lot of restaurants, I love the beach, and to me the drive inland is worth it.

The Grove opened right before I moved to Cleveland. I've not had a chance to visit, but I hear it's great.

This website should help - it's from the Grove's webpage for tourists (please don't be offended: they named it not me!). But it has a great list of hotels that should get you started in the right direction. =)

http://www.thegrovela.com/concierge/tourists/

DEFINITELY don't choose downtown L.A.!

Farmer's Daughter Hotel is right across the street from Farmer's Market and The Grove. Elan Hotel is a half mile away, and the Sofitel (do you have an entertainment card?) is nearby too. ParkPlazaLodgeHotel will do in a pinch. If you can get a good rate at Le Meridien, it's not far from there and it's where the American Idol people stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter