• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which do I choose?

NVDisMom

<font color=green>I love to read aloud<br><font co
I have been a lurker here for over a year now. I cannot thank you guys enough for making our three trips to DL last year so awesome. It is safe to say we are addicted! We stayed at CCI the first two times and took the plunge at GCH for Christmas. We love them both, but this time we are taking my mom with us. 3 adults two girls (7&9). So a little more privacy is in order. We would like a 1 or 2 bd suite. I have been all over trip advisor and this forum, but I can't make up my mind. Embassy Suites South (a mile away) or Camelot Inn and Suites (across the street but not as nice). Your input would be greatly appreciated!:flower3:

I have not stayed at the Embassy, but I have stayed at Camelot in their 2 bd suite.

I would choose Camelot strictly for the proximity to the park. I prefer being able to walk back and forth. I know most shuttles are pretty efficient, but I'd rather just walk across the street and be home.

Have you looked at the suites at the Carousel Inn and Suites across the street? They have some that have 2-3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Some even have a view of the park. I haven't stayed at Camelot, but I have stayed at Carousel and it was fine.

www.carouselinnandsuites.com

elegantsuites.jpg

one of their "View Suites"

I definitely considered the Carousel, until I found out they don't have a hot tub. My aching feet need the soak after a long day in the parks. I bet my mom needs it even more!

Welcome to the DL boards!! We like the Desert Inn and Suites across the street from the crosswalk!! It's nothing super fancy, but it's clean and close and I usually get really great rates there!!

The suites are really big, and there is a hot tub and pool but they are indoors!! It all really depends on whether you want to deal with a shuttle/driving or if you want the convenience of being walking distance!

When are you going? And hey neighbor (if you live in Vegas like me!!)

Andrea

I definitely considered the Carousel, until I found out they don't have a hot tub. My aching feet need the soak after a long day in the parks. I bet my mom needs it even more!

I completely GET this!!!! When we stayed there, I was in shock over the lack of a hot tub. I even put it on my suggestion card when I left. It seems WRONG not to have one!

You might also, then, want to consider Camelot's sister property the Tropicana. It's closer than the Camelot and it's been recently renovated. They have family suites that have two queens in one room, a living room with a hide-a-bed and a small complete kitchen with a table that seats four. It looks like they have a hot tub next to the pool (although it could be a kiddie pool--you'd have to ask.)

I am so glad I found this thread! I didn't realize that Carousel Inn and Suites was so much closer than the DL hotel! I am going to look into that the next time we go. With two little ones that are in bed much earlier than us it would be nice to have a seperate room.

Thanks!

The Tropicana does have a hot tub, but no kiddie pool!! I wish they did, then I wouldn't have to stay all the way down at the HOJO for the kids pool in the summer!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter