• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which dessert party is best...after February 1st 2020?

We haven't been to the Star Wars or Rivers of Light parties because we always attend during the Christmas Season and SW is replaced with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. Our favorite has been Epcot. We like MK, but Epcot is by far our favorite. We considered ROL for our upcoming trip, but it showed that it was mostly a standing venue and that didn't appeal after a long park day.

We haven't been to the Star Wars or Rivers of Light parties because we always attend during the Christmas Season and SW is replaced with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. Our favorite has been Epcot. We like MK, but Epcot is by far our favorite. We considered ROL for our upcoming trip, but it showed that it was mostly a standing venue and that didn't appeal after a long park day.

I wonder why it shows that? Have you seen the ROL show? That's all stadium seating as far as I know. My understanding was you get preferred seating with the ROL party. The party guests get first pick, then Fastpass (which I used), then general admission as far as I know. There is standing in the back if I recall, but that's only used if the stadium is full (or by choice), and it's the people who get there late are the ones who get stuck with that. You might want to check again and clarify that if that's something you want to do. I could be completely wrong, but that was my understanding.

I wonder why it shows that? Have you seen the ROL show? That's all stadium seating as far as I know. My understanding was you get preferred seating with the ROL party. The party guests get first pick, then Fastpass (which I used), then general admission as far as I know. There is standing in the back if I recall, but that's only used if the stadium is full (or by choice), and it's the people who get there late are the ones who get stuck with that. You might want to check again and clarify that if that's something you want to do. I could be completely wrong, but that was my understanding.
You do get priority seating for the show, it's during the actual party that they don't seem to have a lot of seating. Most of the reviews and pictures I have seen are of tall tabletops with no chairs. I've read up on the party as much as I can and that seems to be the overall seating at the dessert party.

We have done both the MK versions and the SW one in DHS. The SW party was our favorite experience wise. Food and drink was better, and we are huge SW fans so that element was great. For MK we much prefer the plaza version. I think PP's are right about the fact tthat the MK one in MK has more "get out of the crowd" value.

You do get priority seating for the show, it's during the actual party that they don't seem to have a lot of seating. Most of the reviews and pictures I have seen are of tall tabletops with no chairs. I've read up on the party as much as I can and that seems to be the overall seating at the dessert party.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I gotcha. I misunderstood. That's one thing I will say, the MK Castle party had lots of seating (at least for the garden viewing). I've read they've changed it since I went, but when I went to the Star Wars one two years ago it was in a really, really tiny space in the Launch Bay with hardly any seating or tables. My son and I wound up sitting on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter