• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Deluxe or DVC would you stay in if you had the money?

Well we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last year for 10 days and it was incredibly nice. But the girls disliked the distance from everything so in 2021 it will be the Poly. They love the pools and the theming. And we tend to eat dinner in the hotels around the monorail loop. It can be pricey well because I pay for 8 people and 2 rooms.

Our favorites are Polynesian and Beach Club, second favorites Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge. For us the best transportation is at BC, we can rely on walking to two parks. AKL is SO far away that we will only stay there on short trips. Polynesian is amazing, but now that they have bag check at the ticket center, if there is a long line it takes forever to get through( from people taking the tram into the parking lot. So that makes walking to the Epcot monorail line less of a positive about staying at Polynesian. Changing monorails to me is a hassle too( get on the MK monorail from resort to TTC then change to Epcot monorail.) We have also frequented WDW at least a few times every year for the past decade, but without fail the monorail seems to have SO many scheduled maintenance shutdowns. It is really frustrating to pay the price point at Poly and GF for access to the monorail and then not get to use it for even part of a trip. So, given all of that, I would choose Beach Club for them! Happy planning and I hope they have an amazing trip!

Beach Club > Copper Creek > Board Walk > Port Orleans > Swan

Those are our favorite resorts in order....money no object

DVC owner and I love the Grand and Boardwalk as those are my top two. But, BLT is also a contender in that the 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms plus the washer/dryer which with 2 kids and 10 days would be a benefit, IMO. And it is just so convenient to MK..which with kids can be important!

What I like about the Grand is the easy walk to the Poly for additional options for food and stuff.

Boardwalk gives easy access to two parks and things to do at night. Of course now that the Skyliner will be open, it makes stayIn at Beach Club even better as it will get you to HS much faster.

I agree that maybe doing a split stay might be nice. One MK resort and one Epcot resort. The only thing is to be sure to plan the move day in such a way to minimize down time without a room. When I do this, we sleep in...or use pool in morning. Check out at 11...send our bags to new resort..head to Disney Springs and eat lunch/shop. By the time we leave it is pretty close to check in time at our new place. If it isn’t ready, we just hang by the pool some More!

Good Luck!

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her plan her Disney vacation for her family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 12) for 10 days. They've given me a budget of £15,000 for hotel and tickets- which is approximately $18,652.

I am a huge Disney fan, and regularly listen to podcasts (DisUnplugged mainly) and keep up to date with the latest Disney news, but this is a new (and exciting to plan) world for me. As someone who spent most of their trips staying in Caribbean Beach or Pop in my youth, and then moved onto DVC as an adult (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Bay Lake) staying in Studios- I haven't got the best grasp of the higher end properties. My trips usually come in about a third of that price, and that's including airfare from the UK.

So guys- if money was less of an issue, where would you stay and why?

Following thread. Did you land on anything yet?

Just curious. This is a dream plan for most of us. 😉

If money is really no object -
1. CR TPV atrium level in a suite (this is one level above the club level)
2. GF main building (also club level)
3. Polynesian club level with TPV

Now, of ALL those my preference is Polynesian as I just prefer the resort/theming, then CR, then GF. As much as I like the GF I always feel like I'm staying at my grandmothers! :)

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her plan her Disney vacation for her family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 12) for 10 days. They've given me a budget of £15,000 for hotel and tickets- which is approximately $18,652.

I am a huge Disney fan, and regularly listen to podcasts (DisUnplugged mainly) and keep up to date with the latest Disney news, but this is a new (and exciting to plan) world for me. As someone who spent most of their trips staying in Caribbean Beach or Pop in my youth, and then moved onto DVC as an adult (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Bay Lake) staying in Studios- I haven't got the best grasp of the higher end properties. My trips usually come in about a third of that price, and that's including airfare from the UK.

So guys- if money was less of an issue, where would you stay and why?

While I have gotten to stay in some DVC properties, it's thanks to my mother who is a member and like to bring us and the grand kids along. But she pretty much always wants Beach Club ( her home resort ). We have gotten to stay at AKV which is beautiful.

When we go without them and pay OOP, we definitely stay on the cheap

But if I was paying OOP and had the money... I have a two-part. The CHILDHOOD me, has always wanted to stay in the Contemporary ( NOT BLT ) because of the "coolness" of the resort with the monorail that goes through it...

But what I would most likely do and what I really want to do is stay at the Poly. We love it there and are there often, even without staying there. ( Trader Sams, Ohana, Breakfast at Kona, it's great ).

I've never stayed deluxe, but I would probably choose a 1 bedroom at Beach Club or Boardwalk...

If money were REALLY no object, then a Copper Creek cabin or a Poly Bungalow.

1st. You didn't say when.
As a DVC member since 1993, that is the most important thing to consider 1st. Pricing AND availability at resort properties is impacted by when. Also, crowd sizes go hand in hand with that as well.
Coming up are Thanksgiving, Christmas and new years. These are busiest, most expensive and have least and/or no availability at this point.
I actually have confirmed reservation Thanksgiving week in OKW studio, 2BR Christmas week and 5 nights at Polynesian in studio during WDW marathon week
1st sleeps 5, 2nd sleeps 9 and last sleeps 5. Premium time and nothing available DVC or cash basis. If available, cash basis is double $ of my rental plus you pay at least 12.5% resort tax if paying on a cash basis

I rented points this past may for a 2 bedroom standard view villa at Bay Lake this past May and it was amazing, I would 100% do that again! Couldn't beat walking to MK. Good restaurants at CR and an easy monorail ride to even more at the other monorail resorts. My mom and I spent one afternoon riding the monorail to Poly and GF to eat and shop, and just walk around and see the resorts, it was a ton of fun. We had a full kitchen, washer and dryer in the room, 3 bathrooms, and we could watch MK fireworks from our balcony every night. It can get pricey, but for the amount of room we had and the conveniences it was worth it and renting points was definitely the way to go.

I wouldn't spend the upper level of the budget myself.

I am in the same camp. Even if this is their budget, it does not mean that a true/real suite in the GF main building makes them happy.

I would rather consider a two bedroom suite at AKL or in the new DVC section of WL (I forgot the name...).

With the amount given, I would let the kids have their own bedroom with 2 queen beds, so a 2BR seems right for me

A 2BR (on points or directly booked) is already expensive enough, but better than booking two rooms without the guarantee that they are connecting.

There is so much personal preference involved. I love contained resorts, not a fan of the GF or Poly because of that. I love.WL . love the size and it just fees cozy to me. The Contemporary 2nd ad The Epcot resorts would be my third choice, unless I was focusing on Epcot. If I were a foodie, GF or Epcot resorts. It really depends on what is important to you.

Since we are travelling with young kids, we just love Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower. The convenience of walking to MK and leave the kids in the stroller if they sleep makes it worth it for us! To make it happen, we watch deals and rent points as well.

We tried Beach Club Villas last January and liked it a lot as well.

Third choice would be Wilderness Lodge. I think it would become ''our'' go to resort when the kids gets older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter