• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Deluxe for family of 5?

I think the Polynesian rooms are similar. Not all have a balcony. I think mostly second floor rooms are balcony-less.

For Poly, you'd request a 1st floor for a patio or 3rd floor for a balcony. I don't think the Garden Wing at CR has balconies, either, so you'd request 1st floor.

The Beach Club rooms don't all have a balcony...I think only half the rooms have a full balcony...the rest are those standing balconies. I like the Yacht Club better because all of the rooms have a full balcony and it is also the first resort to be picked up for the bus to the parks.

This sells me on Yacht Club!

For a split stay, how do we get our luggage moved - Magical Express?

If you take Maxi86's advice, you'll have access to your luggage. Definitely a plus if you'll be hanging out at the resort or think you'll need to access stuff before late afternoon.

You can call Bell services to pick it up from your room or drop it off with them and ask them to transfer it to your next resort. It will be delivered sometime after 3pm, when you can call and have it brought to your room. We've done this and had zero issues because we were in a park the whole day.

I'd say Contemporary and Beach would be most fitting to you, but if having a balcony is important to you then Yacht is great too (very similar to Beach and many shared amenities).

Is this your first trip?

For a party of 5, personally I couldn't do one room. I can't even do one room for the 4 of us any longer (but I know everyone is different)!

I absolutely love going last week of August. Most kids in the US are already back at school, so even though park hours may be shorter, the crowds are nothing like spring break or the winter holidays! Last August, Soarin' was a walk on all day during the week before Labor Day. Now, yes that weekend things picked up, but we left by then (my daughter's school starts after Labor Day).

That being said, expect storms. Every. Afternoon. So if you want a pool break in the afternoon, it may or may not happen. If it storms (and it will), and you planned on going to the pool, you'd be stuck in the room. I don't mind waiting it out in the park, or in a condo with space, or a room if it's just DD and me (which is is often). I did 15 nights once with just me and the kids, but we had an offsite 2BR condo 5 minutes away from Disney, so that was fine.

Have you considered renting a 2BR DVC villa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter