• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which day would you choose for these parks in September?

Tuffy4God

Mouseketeer
I’d love some advice on my September itinerary. I know it’s early and things can change, but I can’t help plan anyway.

Some background. It’ll be a first trip for DH, DS (10), and DD (8)…and probably our only trip. I have been to WDW, but it was back in my early teens. We are doing 3 park days, MK, EP & HS (possibly adding a 4th when we’re there…a 2nd MK day)…no park hoppers b/c we’re trying to save some money. We’ll be there Sept 1-9.

I’m trying to weigh my options for HS and EP since we’ll only be visiting these parks 1 time each.

Which park would you choose in our situation knowing this is your only chance to be at these parks? We will choose one of them for the 2nd and the other one for the 8th.

-Tues, Sept 2 –HS (closes at 7p with no Fantasmic show, highly recommended day) or EP with EMH in am (we’ll be staying on-site and we’re early risers so we would take advantage of the EMH, this is not a recommended day)
-Mon, Sept 8 – HS (EMH in pm with a Fantasmic show and we would stay for the EMH, not a recommended day) or EP (regular hours, highly recommended day)

TIA!

Fantasmic is a wonderful show, so I would lean towards doing DHS on the day it is showing. Planning ahead should help you get to all of the other attractions you would want to do. Just be there at park opening and plan your fast pass+ ahead of time. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Where are you getting your park hour info from? There are very few days that F! does not show anymore and I can't imagine why they wouldn't be showing on Sept 2.

The hours for Sept were posted on the easywdw site and it shows that HS closes at 7pm on Sept 2, 3, 4, and 5 with no F! show on any of those nights. I'd post the link, but I don't know if I can since I'm newer to this board.

I wonder if those are 2013 park hours because the Disney site only is through August 28, 2014.

You are going at the best week IMO and we always go over Labor Day because the parks are so quiet.

Happy planning and we'll be there at the same time :thumbsup2

Just looked at it and they have 2014, strange that it's no where else yet?

I just checked Josh's site, and you're right, but that is very strange. I think I would tentatively plan for HS on the 2nd and EP on the 8th. It doesn't make sense that they would not have F! UNLESS they are doing some kind of quick refurb on those dates. That is always a possibility.

Do you have to do those two on those dates? If you end up switching it with EMH at both parks, you will have a more crowded park than if you do the non-EMH. Yes, that s one of the least crowded weeks, but I think you notice the crowds more on those weeks than the busiest weeks of the year.

Do you have to do those two on those dates? If you end up switching it with EMH at both parks, you will have a more crowded park than if you do the non-EMH. Yes, that s one of the least crowded weeks, but I think you notice the crowds more on those weeks than the busiest weeks of the year.

No, I don't have to, but they seem the best dates for our schedule. I want to go on a weekday vs. a weekend day because it seems like it would be less crowded and I want to MK that first Thursday (9-4) b/c we'd really like to see the MSEP and Wishes.

Here's my tentative itinerary:

9-1 (Mon) - Sea World
9-2 (Tues) - HS (or EP)
9-3 (Wed) - Discovery Cove
9-4 (Thurs) - MK
9-5 (Fri) - Daytona Speedway & Beach
9-6 (Sat) - Aquatica (since we'll get free tix with DC)
9-7 (Sun) - This day is an extra day...maybe SW again b/c it'll be free
9-8 (Mon) - EP (or HS)
9-9 (Tues) - Possibly MK again to do anything we missed or again since this will be a low crowd day...or head to the beach (I only have 3-day park tix, but could add on a day if we decide to do this)

I rely heavily on the crowd calander at undercover tourist! They are very accurate in my opinion! Anytime I have called the calanders bluff I've been sorry :) we laugh in our house because we learned the hard way... If you can plan around that calander i would recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No, I don't have to, but they seem the best dates for our schedule. I want to go on a weekday vs. a weekend day because it seems like it would be less crowded and I want to MK that first Thursday (9-4) b/c we'd really like to see the MSEP and Wishes.

Here's my tentative itinerary:

9-1 (Mon) - Sea World
9-2 (Tues) - HS (or EP)
9-3 (Wed) - Discovery Cove
9-4 (Thurs) - MK
9-5 (Fri) - Daytona Speedway & Beach
9-6 (Sat) - Aquatica (since we'll get free tix with DC)
9-7 (Sun) - This day is an extra day...maybe SW again b/c it'll be free
9-8 (Mon) - EP (or HS)
9-9 (Tues) - Possibly MK again to do anything we missed or again since this will be a low crowd day...or head to the beach (I only have 3-day park tix, but could add on a day if we decide to do this)

If Fantasmic is important to you, I'd switch everything up.
Mon Sea World
Tues Discovery Cove
Wed Epcot
Thurs MK
Fri Daytona
Sat Aquatica
Sun HS
Mon and Tues decide once you're there if you want to go back to SW or add extra days to do more Disney.

This way you still get recommended days at all the parks and don't have to worry about Fantasmic.

If Fantasmic is important to you, I'd switch everything up.
Mon Sea World
Tues Discovery Cove
Wed Epcot
Thurs MK
Fri Daytona
Sat Aquatica
Sun HS
Mon and Tues decide once you're there if you want to go back to SW or add extra days to do more Disney.

This way you still get recommended days at all the parks and don't have to worry about Fantasmic.

Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it! I was worried about going to one of the parks on a weekend b/c of crowds, but HS doesn't look like it would be bad that Sunday. I'll keep this itinerary in mind as I wait for September to come...maybe some of the times will change between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter