Which character breakfast?

mistyinca

Mouseketeer
Starting planning for a March 2018 trip. We'd like to start out with a character breakfast? Which dining venue in MK do you recommend and why? This will be for 4 adults: me and my husband and my two adult sons (early 20s).

I would like to hear about the prices, the spread, and the unique attributes of each one.

Thanks!

Current choices in MK are Crystal Palace (a buffet with Winnie the Pooh and friends) and Cinderella Royal Table (a plated meal with princesses in Cinderella Castle). CRT will be more expensive and more difficult to book. Only you will know which characters, pricing and style of meal your family would prefer. Again, these are current choices. With constant changes happening in WDW, no one knows if there will be additional offerings in 2018.

You might also want to consider chef mickey's in the contemporary since you are looking MK. That one is mickey and pals, you sit in the grand lobby (whatever they call it today), someone recently reported the food was surprisingly better and good (character meals aren't really know for great food). Very easy to get too as you can just walk from the MK bus stop (or monorail, boat it) and walk back (or monorail, boat it).

Go with the characters you want to see, the food is not the reason for the price.

I know you said "in the MK", but if you are willing to get on the monorail you could head over to the Poly and take in Ohana with Lilo and Stitch. This is a favorite of ours. Fun atmosphere, we like the food (served family style) and we LOVE the POG juice.

I am not sure about cost, but I would think comparable to the other character breakfasts already mentioned excluding CRT.

All adults, DS in 20's (I have those too).

If you insist on MK; CP for a full buffet of food. CRT very overpriced.

If you would be willing a monorail resort; Forget CM (CHAOS with bad food), Ohana is a nice yet slowly paced meal, 1900 Park Fare with good character assortment and good buffet (went last trip).

If I had to pick;
- critical point park time = CP
- dining outside okay = 1900 Park Fare

We like Chef Mickeys is probably my favorite so far. My son is almost 15 and he still wants to go there. We also like Ohana breakfast and the food is really good.

Our must-dos are Chef Mickeys for breakfast and the last few trips, we've added Crystal Palace for PPO breakfast. Not sure how the new morning show will affect our decision to do that - our current ADRs are already set, so that will determine what we do in November, if the show is still on Main St. CRT is also a lot of fun, eating in the castle. My daughter is older now and we ate there in October with two reservations in the next two weeks.

We did breakfast at Chef Mickey's, and it was really great! The food was good, and the characters were fabulous. It wasn't super busy, and we got to spend as much time with the cast as we wanted. We never would have gotten that much one-on-one time with Mickey / Minnie at a normal meet and greet. It was truly magical!

I like Crystal Palace. The Pooh characters make it special, and the parade in which they involve the children is really fun for them (and a great picture op!) Enjoy.

Starting planning for a March 2018 trip. We'd like to start out with a character breakfast? Which dining venue in MK do you recommend and why? This will be for 4 adults: me and my husband and my two adult sons (early 20s).

I would like to hear about the prices, the spread, and the unique attributes of each one.

Thanks!
Essentially, you've answered/limited your own question by stating the meal should be in Magic Kingdom where the choices are Cinderella's Castle or Crystal Palace.

Your adult sons may prefer meeting the Princesses versus Winnie the Pooh & friends.

Better Character breakfasts, food wise, can be enjoyed at 1900 Park Fare & Cape May Cafe, where Alice and Goofy host, respectively.

Words of advice - most people here will suggest avoiding breakfast inside a Park because it can limit the number of attractions that can be enjoyed before the crowds arrive. Using this approach, lunch makes more sense inside the Park.

And I just finished reading this (bring your snark-o-meter):
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/ma...rategy-and-expanded-breakfast-options-review/

In MK, I vote Crystal Palace. Best food in MK for character meal and pretty decor.

But I agree with a previous posted about hopping the monorail to Grand FLoridian for 1900 PF. Characters do not have a covered face and are a little more on the adult side. Mad Hatter is hilarious and I love Mary and Alice! Tigger is usually there too and I forget the other. This is my favorite for breakfast buffets. Food is great with made to order omelets and carving stations.

In MK, I vote Crystal Palace. Best food in MK for character meal and pretty decor.

But I agree with a previous posted about hopping the monorail to Grand FLoridian for 1900 PF. Characters do not have a covered face and are a little more on the adult side. Mad Hatter is hilarious and I love Mary and Alice! Tigger is usually there too and I forget the other. This is my favorite for breakfast buffets. Food is great with made to order omelets and carving stations.
That does sound fun! I will look into it!

Thank you to all for all the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter