• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

which beach for kids?

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of doing the SoCal beach tour that you can book through Disney. The bus stops at three beaches, three hours at each beach. I imagine we will likely do only one or two. Laguna, Newport, Huntington. I am looking for a pretty beach, no swimming, shops and dining within walking distance. What would you suggest. The kids are 6 and 9.

OP we have only done Huntington Beach. If you are dropped by the pier plenty of dining and some shops. As for pretty I think any beach is but it is beautiful at sunset. Since you said no swimming not sure how much else there is to do except playing in the sand or walking the beach for your children .
DH & I have lived within 60 miles of the Jersey shore all our lives and have spent lots of time there as children and adults. If you are looking for the East Coast type Boardwalk with rides and mini golf for your children Huntington Beach doesn't have it.

Last edited:
Laguna Beach and/or Newport Beach.

Main Beach Laguna is where the center of town is and it is full of things to see and do besides the beach.

I believe the tour stops at the Balboa Pier, which has the Fun Zone and harbor cruises as well.

Huntington would be my last choice of the three.

As for pretty, I think Laguna tops them. There are many shops in the area, and a place to grab a bite to eat above the bluffs. If you go there during the summer you might hit there during the art festivals, and there are free shuttles. I like Newport Beach, too. You can rent bikes and take the ferry to Balboa Island (It was a dollar when I went) for a little adventure. You can ride your bikes to their Main Street & have an ice cream or bite to eat. Also, the channel you cross is the one they started Gilligan's Island with for that '3 hour tour.' When we've gone to Newport Beach we've been able to rent boogie boards, too. Although I haven't been to Huntington Beach in a long time, they do have fire pits there, and across PCH there is dining and shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter