• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which babysitting service would you recommend?! Please help!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
My husband and I would like one night out alone on our next trip.........we have a 3 yr old son and he therefore is too young for the kids clubs and we are thinking of getting a babysitter. Please could you tell me which sitters you used, what your impressions were, etc. I want to feel totally comfortable or I won't be able to enjoy the evening!
Thanks for your advice!

We must be on the same mental page because I just asked that question on another thread. I hope someone replys.

Fairy Godmothers gets extremely favorable reviews on the board. Have you tried using the search function on this board? Sometimes the search tool is not working, but if it is, you should find some good information about Fairy Godmothers and other sitter services.

At WDW, I've only used the kid's clubs and not in-room childcare and, unfortunately, cannot make a recommendation.

i've read people writings about fairy godmothers but never knew who they were. Are they for those staying on site or in the parks?

I just posted about this on another thread.

We have used Fairy Godmothers 3 times in the past year and a half with absolutely no problems. Our sitters were Vera and Velma (twice) and both were older ladies who looked like my mother. Very pleasant. Our DD never noticed we were leaving as she was busy playing with the sitters who had brought a bag full of toys. All 3 times when we returned, our DD was asleep and the sitters were reading books.

I was at first hesitant to leave our DD with a total stranger but, after using Fairy Godmothers, we were glad we did. We really enjoyed our nights out without DD and went to e-ride night twice and had a blast.

Before I contacted Fairy Godmothers, I saw many recommendations on this board and others like it in favor of Fairy Godmothers.

Denise

I live here in sunny Florida *sigh* and I know someone who would just LOVE to baby sit...she is excellent with kids! She works with me for Presentations: Gifts of a Lifetime. If you would like more information then please contact Jane, head pixie for gifts of a liftime at jane@giftsofalifetime.com .

Just ask for information about Barb or Rory babysitting...

I'm not sure how you would take to this, being as it is not a company, but as I said before, Barb is great with kids (especially her grandchildren) If she is not available then there is always myself. I have taken safe-Sitter courses and I am certified in both CPR and First Aid, although I am only turning 15 in October...

We used Kids Night Out on our last family trip to WDW and everything was fine. I would recommend using them to others- but I have read so many great things about Fairy Godmothers here on this board, that if we decide to have a night out without the kids I will probably try to use them next time. :)

OK, so it looks as though Fairy Godmothers get good reports and I like the idea of leaving my son with someone slightly older, are they all more mature sitters? Anyone in particular that you would recommend? How much do they charge and how far in advance should I book? Do they bring things with them for the children to do?

Thanks for your help mums! I know you all understand why I'm asking so many questions!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter