• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which age is best to visit???

jodim

Mouseketeer
We haven't been in over a year but we had really bad experiences the last two times (due to emotional issues due to one of our (now adopted yay!) children who was ordered to start back up visits with bio's - right before our trips, both times!!!) and my husband is pretty anti disney now because of it.. pretty sure he still has an eye twitch.

Anyway, we are wanting to go and do a joint trip with my daughter and her family so we can be there the first time our grandson goes. He's now 9mo.

A few things to note - we took a cruise with all 8 of our kids to the Bahamas this March and have one booked to Jamaica next March, so they're not missing out on a vacation either way.

We have a few options -

Mid December this year, my grandson will be 18mo and my younger kiddos will be 5, 8, 15 & 17.
Or wait 2 more years and go in December when baby will be 3 1/2 and mine will be 7, 10, 17 & 19.

I am kind of torn because I'm pretty sure my now 16yo daughter will be moved out by the time she's 19 and not want to go with us... but we try and take a family vacation with all our children once a year, even if it's just a beach house for a week. But I also feel like the baby is so little now.

If we go this year, we more than likely won't go again for another 4 years or so because my husband isn't a fan.

I would do this year, unless it is so important for you to have your oldest with you.
Your grandson won’t remember it but will be able to interact with characters, and your youngest two will still believe in the magic.

I’d go now so you can go with the oldest and the 5 and 8 year old will love it. Then since you figure you’ll go again in 4 years by then 18 month old will remember it and who know you may have another grand baby to take :)

I'd go sooner as the younger kids will still be "Disney kids" and the grandson will be free.

In two years the grandson will be a disney kid, and the older young one will be a disney adult.

We haven't been in over a year but we had really bad experiences the last two times (due to emotional issues due to one of our (now adopted yay!) children who was ordered to start back up visits with bio's - right before our trips, both times!!!) and my husband is pretty anti disney now because of it.. pretty sure he still has an eye twitch.

Anyway, we are wanting to go and do a joint trip with my daughter and her family so we can be there the first time our grandson goes. He's now 9mo.

A few things to note - we took a cruise with all 8 of our kids to the Bahamas this March and have one booked to Jamaica next March, so they're not missing out on a vacation either way.

We have a few options -

Mid December this year, my grandson will be 18mo and my younger kiddos will be 5, 8, 15 & 17.
Or wait 2 more years and go in December when baby will be 3 1/2 and mine will be 7, 10, 17 & 19.

I am kind of torn because I'm pretty sure my now 16yo daughter will be moved out by the time she's 19 and not want to go with us... but we try and take a family vacation with all our children once a year, even if it's just a beach house for a week. But I also feel like the baby is so little now.

If we go this year, we more than likely won't go again for another 4 years or so because my husband isn't a fan.

One bonus of going now: the baby will be free and the 8 year old is still a 'child' ticket-wise. Wait two years, and you'll be buying a ticket for the baby, and an adult ticket for the now 8 year old. Oh, and baby doesn't count towards room occupancy now, which may make a difference depending on the rooms you are booking.

I agree with everyone else who suggested going now. We're going next year with a teen who will be near the end of their high school "career" and that's exactly why we planned a trip...because once they go off to college or a trade school or the military and/or start a full time job, etc., you just don't know when they may be able to travel with you again.

In fact, as we've been planning this upcoming trip, our youngest son asked us if we could do an "almost done with high school" trip for him as well---even though he's only in elementary school right now. I guess we've all come to think of it as a neat idea. :)

And as others mentioned, life may present you with a chance to go again when some of the very youngest are older, too.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter