• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which 2TS Credit Restaurant would you recommend?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Everyone has their own opinions of favorite places. I'm just curious of the reasons why they would choice one 2TS credit restaurant over the other.

Looking to choice one.

In the past, we did Narcoosee's twice. The first time the Surf and Turf was included. The following time, it was not. Both times were great. Got to see fireworks and it was a great experience. Do we do it again, or try some place else?

Many years ago, we did California Grill, It was so long ago that I don't know if things have changed. We also we went on the roof to see the fireworks. Do they still do that?

Also, tried Citriocs many years ago. Don't know what that is like now.

We have done the Castle for breakfast and lunch. While it's great to be in the castle, think we are good with that for now.

Looking for good food and experience. What would you suggest?

Any new places from Disney Springs?

Thanks.

Everyone has their own opinions of favorite places. I'm just curious of the reasons why they would choice one 2TS credit restaurant over the other.

Looking to choice one.

In the past, we did Narcoosee's twice. The first time the Surf and Turf was included. The following time, it was not. Both times were great. Got to see fireworks and it was a great experience. Do we do it again, or try some place else?

Many years ago, we did California Grill, It was so long ago that I don't know if things have changed. We also we went on the roof to see the fireworks. Do they still do that?

Also, tried Citriocs many years ago. Don't know what that is like now.

We have done the Castle for breakfast and lunch. While it's great to be in the castle, think we are good with that for now.

Looking for good food and experience. What would you suggest?

Any new places from Disney Springs?

Thanks.

Two of our favorites are Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse. We find both to have nice atmospheres and great food.

We really enjoyed Yachtsman (when the larger steak wasn't for 2 people) and Narcoosee's (when the surf & turf was included on the DP). We are planning a trip for November and I'm kicking around either Yachtsman or Flying Fish (never been). Leaning towards Yachtsman at this point.

Have done Artists Point, Citricos, Narcoossees and Cali Grill multiple times in the last 4 years and enjoyed them all. Did the Castle Breakfast first tim ewe were there and felt it was a bit of a converyor belt. Got asked three times during breakfast to go down for our photo. (We were still eating at the time!) Wouldnt do it again but maybe just unlucky.

Has anyone tried California Grill or Citrico recently?
Wondering of the experience and the fireworks viewing.

Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point are mentioned a lot. Why would you choose? What makes it your fav?

We really enjoyed Tiffins and are planning to go back on our next trip. Yachtsman is also always good.

Artist Point is awesome! Its so under rated. My meal was absolute perfection from start to finish. I very highly recommend it.

Cali Grill use to be a fave, until the refurb. Been a couple times since the refurb and blah. Pretty disappointing to be honest. If it werent for the fireworks I doubt the restaurant would be as busy as it is.

We like Jiko and the new Tiffins. Yummy.
Also liked Le Cellier before it went to 2TS/signature. Haven't been since but would love to go again.
I went to Cali Grill not too long ago, with SiL and BIL. It's now my favorite place at WDW. It was to die for. Food was fabulous, service impeccable and we were seated at window at sundown.
We weren't wowed by Hollywood Brown Derby the one time we went. Also not wowed by Artist Point and tried it twice.
Did breakfast in the castle, CRT, and felt ripped off.
The shows... love the Hoop Dee Doo, been maybe 4 times. Been to the Luau twice and no need to ever go back.

Another vote for Artist Point. I dined there for the first time recently and was extremely impressed. The food and the service were excellent. I am looking forward to dining there again on my next trip.

Lots of good suggestions, and as you say, everyone will have varying opinions as it should be. Here are my thoughts:
Artist Point: One of the more romantic spots; usually excellent food and service; good wine list; lovely setting
Jiko: Also quite romantic with great food, great service, and very nice ambiance. Some of the best service on property.
CA Grill: Pricey, even for a Signature, but if you've got the credits, a much better deal. Yes, they still pipe in Wishes music and you can watch from your table or step outside onto the walkways and watch from there (music piped out there, as well). Not as romantic as either AP or Jiko due to the noise level.
Morimoto Asia: Depending on the items you order, very good food (the buri bop is one of my all-time favorite dishes in the World), solid service, and the uniqueness of the interior. Nice, energetic vibe but not overly noisy.

Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point are mentioned a lot. Why would you choose? What makes it your fav?
Haven't been to Artist Point, but Yachtsman (1) had very good steaks and desserts (2) had a relaxing atmosphere and (3) the service was very good. To be fair, the steaks probably aren't as good as someplace like Ruth's Chris but still good quality.

When you dine at a signature restaurant using 2 TS credits, what is included (app, entree, dessert and drink?)?

Many people here say that using 2 TS credits on a sig restaurant is a waste of money, but I'm guessing that mainly depends upon what you order...any comments/suggestions?

Does anyone know which menu items from Yachtsman are excluded from the dining plan?

Is the lobster at Yachtsman included?

Thanks for any comments!

When you dine at a signature restaurant using 2 TS credits, what is included (app, entree, dessert and drink?)?

Many people here say that using 2 TS credits on a sig restaurant is a waste of money, but I'm guessing that mainly depends upon what you order...any comments/suggestions?

Does anyone know which menu items from Yachtsman are excluded from the dining plan?

Is the lobster at Yachtsman included?

Thanks for any comments!
You get an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic drink. You have to pay out of pocket for alcohol and appetizers. Keep in mind that tip is not included, which could be $40+ at a signature restaurant depending on number of people in your party. Your entree comes with the sides listed on the menu with that entree, but you have to pay out of pocket for any of the items that are listed separately as "sides." The lobster is included in the entree choices. The chilled seafood platter and porterhouse "for two" would cost 4 dining credits since they are designed for two people. The wagyu strip loin is also included but you have to pay an extra charge, which I think is pretty significant, around $75.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter