• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheres the cheese sauce? (And fries)

FLkid

Mouseketeer
hey guys!

I'm hoping someone who has been recently can tell me where on property you can still get cheese sauce for dipping your fries? And I don't mean the yucky prepackaged Ortega stuff they give you with pretzels lol

I know they took out the self service pumps but what locations still offer (plastic cheese?) on the side?

Thank you!

The Ortega stuff they are selling at the pretzel stands is awful. I wish it was as good as the old plastic liquid cheese.

There was a lawsuit brought by a family a few years back because their child was burned on the cheese sauce. After that family won the lawsuit Disney pulled all of their cheese sauce from their quick service locations. I miss plastic cheese.

There was a lawsuit brought by a family a few years back because their child was burned on the cheese sauce. After that family won the lawsuit Disney pulled all of their cheese sauce from their quick service locations. I miss plastic cheese.
That lawsuit was settled a number of years before the cheese sauce was removed & the two have nothing to do with one another.

That lawsuit was settled a number of years before the cheese sauce was removed & the two have nothing to do with one another.

Probably cost-cutting due to rampant abuse...similar to them cutting back on "fixin's" bars at some qs restaurants.

For $ure.

I saw a lady with 3 kids in front of me at Pecos Bill's 2 or 3 years ago order a taco salad (with 3 extra plates) and 4 waters. We ordered, and we ended up sitting next to their table, where she pulled out a big bag of Fritos. She put Fritos on each plate, then off to the fixin's bar they all went. When they came back, the kids all had "loaded" cheese nachos.

And people wonder why they greatly reduced the fixin's bar there.

I saw a lady with 3 kids in front of me at Pecos Bill's 2 or 3 years ago order a taco salad (with 3 extra plates) and 4 waters. We ordered, and we ended up sitting next to their table, where she pulled out a big bag of Fritos. She put Fritos on each plate, then off to the fixin's bar they all went. When they came back, the kids all had "loaded" cheese nachos.

And people wonder why they greatly reduced the fixin's bar there.
really? did they get rid of the guacamole? because that is the one thing that is universally extra to get (and sometimes MUCH more) that surprised me that disney had for free on the fixin's bar. If they didn't cut that I would think they are not really cost cutting there.

I had always thought that the plastic cheese was full of trans fats and is very very unhealthy and that's why they removed it. I read something about the removal coinciding with a new (at the time) federal law that stated that foods with trans fats must be identified as such.

1) Yes, there was a lawsuit.
2) That is NOT the reason for the removal of the cheese-pumps from most of the eateries.
. . . there are still two out-of-the-way eateries that have cheese pumps
3) People were going to the "fixings bar" and using the cheese pumps to make FREE nachos.
. . . guests would buy or (more usually) carry-in chips
. . . they would go to the fixings bar and pump hot cheese over them
. . . voila! they had free nachos
4) Disney does not like when people take advantage.
5) This is the reason why other items were removed from the fixings bars - people were making free LARGE salads.
Sometimes guests are their own worst foes.
As the comic strip character Pogo said, "We have found the enemy, and it us!"

1) Yes, there was a lawsuit.
2) That is NOT the reason for the removal of the cheese-pumps from most of the eateries.
. . . there are still two out-of-the-way eateries that have cheese pumps
3) People were going to the "fixings bar" and using the cheese pumps to make FREE nachos.
. . . guests would buy or (more usually) carry-in chips
. . . they would go to the fixings bar and pump hot cheese over them
. . . voila! they had free nachos
4) Disney does not like when people take advantage.
5) This is the reason why other items were removed from the fixings bars - people were making free LARGE salads.
Sometimes guests are their own worst foes.
As the comic strip character Pogo said, "We have found the enemy, and it us!"

Can you share which two still have the cheese pumps?

Wdwnt.com reported last week that Cosmic Ray's now has cheese sauce that you can order for $1.00. It comes pre-warmed in a container. Scroll halfway down to see the cheese info:

1) Like I said, it is a matter of money, not liability.
2) People can't take it an make a free meal, but for a buck, WDW is willing to compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter