Where would you live if money was no object?

So many people have said they wouldn't live in California that it makes me curious - what are the problems about living in California that having unlimited funds wouldn't ameliorate?

I love California. The biggest negatives I see are earthquakes and fires, which if you grow up here, you get used to.

Southern California is pretty high on my list. Not sure where exactly but the combination of weather, proximity to stuff I like to do, and culture line up well.

I keep hearing that people are moving away from there but the real estate prices say otherwise. :sad1:

Maybe I'd move to my own private island. Or maybe I'd live in a suite on a cruise ship or move to one of those ships people live on.

I live in a somewhat rural area now, farming is not my thing. Maybe a small garden and a few chickens and ducks, but that would be it. And around here, with all the deer, foxes and coyotes keeping that much alive would be a challenge. I've know a few people that lost all their laying hens to foxes during the pandemic. Wildlife kind of exploded because people were not roaming around as much. For the first time ever, living here 40 years, I saw a fox in my backyard on several mornings.
We have less critters roaming around. My Aussies keep ANYTHING that doesn't belong in their barnyard out. It's crazy listening to them communicate with coyotes. It's like they telling them to stay away. You will hear the coyotes yipping, my dogs respond and the pack heads in another direction. Although deer are somewhat of an issue. Unfortunately the dogs and horses don't mind them a bit.

I would move to the Scottish Highlands - I have my eye on a big old Victorian property that I'd need a lottery win for! Only a short walk to a stunning beach - nice laid back pace of life. That would be our base and we could then use our wealth to turn left on the plane every time we travelled.

I love California. The biggest negatives I see are earthquakes and fires, which if you grow up here, you get used to.
Being born in and raised in the greater LA area, until I was 21, and then moving to Texas, I agree. Although now that I'm old, traffic is becoming an issue for me. Austin and Houston is getting worse than anything I saw in CA. As I live near San Antonio, I still miss the beaches and the mountains. It is very FLAT here.

I would have houses all over the place and split my time depending on my mood. I love the beach but also the mountains. St. John USVI has them both but I like the cool mountain air and changing leaves so that wouldn't work. Of course anytime I travel I look at the real estate in the area and think about what it would be like to live there. My most recent destination is Dunedin, FL. One of these days I will travel abroad and add a foreign country to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter