Where would you live if money was no object?

Paris, Manhattan, San Francisco, or just "back home" to the Boston area. I am a city mouse living in a rural area and not very happy about it, but this is where we are.

I’m happy right where I am at. If I wasn’t I would leave. It’s to bad people would stay where they don’t want to be.
It's not always possible, though. We moved around, following our careers, and ended up here. I'd love to move, but DH is 62, I'm 66, and there aren't a lot of companies eager to hire folks who are about ready to retire. I'd move back to the Boston area if I could, but we can't afford it, even if we could find jobs that would pay enough to support us in that economy.

Permanent residence would be where I'm currently at, it is so convenient to a lot of things. But I would likely travel a lot so probably would end up just renting an apartment/condo versus having a house

Depends on the situation. If it's a situation where it's more or less anonymous wealth that allows that, I'd just try to fix up my house and stay where I am. I like where I live, but would like the security to fix up my house and maybe buy a nice car that's not too showy. Being wealthy where others know about it can be pretty painful.

If it were a situation where others knew about it, then a gated community. I don't necessarily like them in principle, but once others find out that someone has money, they often get hit with solicitors - as evidenced by lottery winners. I don't particularly want to be in any situation where I have to hire security for my family.

Depends on the situation. If it's a situation where it's more or less anonymous wealth that allows that, I'd just try to fix up my house and stay where I am. I like where I live, but would like the security to fix up my house and maybe buy a nice car that's not too showy. Being wealthy where others know about it can be pretty painful.

If it were a situation where others knew about it, then a gated community. I don't necessarily like them in principle, but once others find out that someone has money, they often get hit with solicitors - as evidenced by lottery winners. I don't particularly want to be in any situation where I have to hire security for my family.
What don’t you like about gated communities?

Coronado is about the best you can do. Perfect weather, on the beach, plus close to a great city with nightlife and airport. Still a small town feel. Oh yes 20 minutes to major league baseball
I’d move to Coronado in a heartbeat.

Maine or New Hampshire during the summer. Sunny Arizona during the winter.

Edinburgh, I think. Or Galway. Assuming "money is no object" covers having enough resources that immigration policy is also no problem.

In the US, Monterey/Pacific Grove, California.

I really would not want to live in any of the places on the list really. Visit yea, live there, no way.

I am pretty happy as a midwesterner, but I really think I would love living somewhere like Sonoma California (never been but I am just assuming it would be a good fit for me).

Hawaii. No question.

A manager at one of my summer jobs in college was from Hawaii. Said that she couldn't wait to leave. But I suppose it can be good owning a vacation home - Robin Masters style.

Reactions: nyy
I would travel around spending time in different areas. An area that might be fun for a vacation might not be the best place to settle in.

Domestic?

I'd build a beautiful cabin on a river in northern MN or WI for the spring/summer/fall. Life really is wonderful in this state, except February 🤣

My late Jan/Feb residence would be somewhere warmer, on water, that has culture, sports, great food scene, etc. Coronado sounds good.

International?

I've always had my eye on somewhere in Scandinavia 💕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter