• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to watch the Super Bowl? and MSU UofM game?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
We have an adult only friend's trip planned over Super Bowl weekend, and that Saturday happens to be the MSU v. UofM men's basketball game too (we are from Michigan). We are staying at WBC and would love recommendations for places to watch the games that are not on Disney property. We may even stick around the resort to watch one of the games if anyone has a favorite bar for watching sports at WBC. Go Green!

Miller's Ale is a great sports bar but I'm guessing it's going to be seriously packed for the super bowl. I would hang around the resort but wouldn't count on that basketball game being on.

Miller's Ale is a great sports bar but I'm guessing it's going to be seriously packed for the super bowl. I would hang around the resort but wouldn't count on that basketball game being on.
In past year's this and the adjoining Twin Peaks have been packed for the Super Bowl. Even if you do get a seat the food comes out really slow.

We have an adult only friend's trip planned over Super Bowl weekend, and that Saturday happens to be the MSU v. UofM men's basketball game too (we are from Michigan). We are staying at WBC and would love recommendations for places to watch the games that are not on Disney property. We may even stick around the resort to watch one of the games if anyone has a favorite bar for watching sports at WBC. Go Green!
Just here to say "Go White!" (MSU class of 2000)

:flower1::yay: GO BLUE!!!!!:tiptoe::flower1:
Sorry, grew up in Ypsilanti (good neighbor to Ann Arbor). But if my daughter sees this
GO EMU!!!!!!!

Was wondering the same thing as far as universal. Parks close at 7 and we are interested in getting some food and watching the halftime show!!

Last edited:

Was wondering the same thing as far as universal. Parks close at 7 and we are interested in getting done goods and watching the halftime show!!
You aren't going to get a seat if you just show up for the halftime show.

Most places you would have to get their hours early to get a table near a TV.

NBC restaurant, Margaritaville, and maybe the Chocolate place (not sure) would have TVs.

I drive probably is a better bet I would think.

I’d call Splitsville and ask them. In the past they have had a special ticketed event for the Super Bowl, but not last year. Who knows what they are doing this year.

Go White!!

Live here in ORL... NO WHERE is going to packed ... We are still at very limited seating EVERWHERE, you may be able to seat outside but you will be a mile from the TV's.... Count on watching from your room.

I got this email today from miller's Ale and I thought I'd share in case your still looking. Inbox me your email address and I'll forward the email to you E7142673-E4A6-4A04-8E28-70023AC5E67B.png

I mentioned this on another post but the Largest Sports Screen in town is located inside the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Wreckers Sports Bar has 2 story screen (37 feet) and over 50 HDTVs
1-407-586-1330 hours daily 11:00am - 2 am
I noticed they have an exterior courtyard with many large fireplaces and children playing on the grass during the afternoons.
I was a guest for the holidays and truly enjoyed everything this resort offers. The interior lobby has rooms with balconies to enjoy the nightly light show... who needs fireworks . And it is great fun to watch them feeding the alligators , etc. Their pool also has a surf wave section with lifeguard to teach. They even have a way for younger children to enjoy this with a special developed handlebar type of thing.
Might be fun for family while you are watching the Super Bowl and no driving home afterwards!

We just saw the millers deal and are seriously thinking about it! NBC wants $75 pp for seats starting at 5:30 but I don’t have the details yet. Email Kayleigh.boulter@universalorlando.com for details. If it’s like the millers deal the $75 pp will go towards your total bill but I have not confirmed this yet. Going to millers for $25 pp to reserve seats but get that credit towards food/drink sounds great but we might just hang in the room with take out!
(RPH)

There are quite a few different Miller's Ale House's in the area, i would definitely get reservations at one of those.

from looking at the map it looks like the one on Kirkland is the closest to RPH? I’d like to go but hubby thinks we will be tired. I definitely want to try it out on a future trip if we don’t make it this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter