Where to stay?

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
We will be taking our kids to Disney for a week next January. We are not DVC but are hoping to rent points. We would love to stay at the Poly but not sure if we will be able to or not. One thing we really like about the Poly is the additional pull down bed. What other resorts offer this? Any other advice on where to stay would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

In addition to the Poly, the studios at BCV, Boulder Ridge Villas (formerly known as the VWL), BWV and the VGF all sleep 5. They have the Murphy pull down bed for the 5th. The others sleep 4. All studios have a Pac 'n Play portable crib (usually folded up in the closet) that can accommodate an infant. The studios at BLT are quite a bit smaller than those in the other DVC resorts. Personally, as convenient at BLT is to the MK, I wouldn't stay in a studio there with more than one child.

Part of the decision may rest upon what you think would be your plans going in. For example, will you be spending more time in MK than other parks? If so, Bay Lake Towers would be a good option since you can walk to MK. Another option with good access to MK are the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (now renamed Boulder Ridge Villas, but I ain't ever calling them that). You have a direct bus and also boat service to MK. If you're more into proximity to more parks, you can walk to Epcot and DHS by staying at either Boardwalk or Beach Club. Saratoga Springs is close to Disney Springs, while the Animal Kingdom Villas are gorgeous and you can be near animals, perhaps even renting a room with a savannah view. Certainly, Poly would be an option since it sits on the monorail, and if that theming appeals to you, it's a fine choice. There's something for everyone out there.

Note that if your January plans include the weekend of the runDisney marathon, you need to be lining up an owner to rent from right now. Be sure to understand their payment and cancel policies. Most rentals won;t allow cancellation for refund.

BLT, AK, OKW and SSR do NOT have the drop down bed in the studio.
Poly, GF, BC, BW and WL do.

I would go with the Poly. My favorite studio. Extra bathroom space. Rooms are BIG! The 5th bed is so cute and well themed.
Transportation can't be beat.
Happy planning.
Kerri

Thank you all! We are planning on January 20th - 27, 2018...I don't believe that is marathon weekend, but maybe I'm wrong. I think our time will be spread throughout the parks...hard to say what the kids will like most. They have been to MK around 5 times and love it but maybe they will like HS or EPCOT the most in the end...it's a mystery. :-) We also did stay at Animal Kingdom last summer for a few days and it was awesome, but we are looking to try a new place. I'm excited to start planning.

Does anybody have a preference between Beachclub and Wilderness? I have a feeling that the Poly might be hard to get so I'd like a back up plan. My kids will be 9 and 7 at the time of our trip. Thanks!

Does anybody have a preference between Beachclub and Wilderness? I have a feeling that the Poly might be hard to get so I'd like a back up plan. My kids will be 9 and 7 at the time of our trip. Thanks!
I think a 9 and 7 year would enjoy BCV's pool better. Whether the weather will be good enough to swim is anyone's guess.

Actually I think Poly will be one of the easier resorts to get. They have so many studios. I can't say what Wilderness will be like once it is finished, but Beach club has an amazing pool. I will let you know that the studio at Poly is so much more comfortable in size than Animal Kingdom, plus you get another bathroom. If you want to stay for less points and therefore less money, Boardwalk has standard view studios that will cost less.

Actually I think Poly will be one of the easier resorts to get. They have so many studios. I can't say what Wilderness will be like once it is finished, but Beach club has an amazing pool. I will let you know that the studio at Poly is so much more comfortable in size than Animal Kingdom, plus you get another bathroom. If you want to stay for less points and therefore less money, Boardwalk has standard view studios that will cost less.

Thanks!

There's entertainment on the Boardwalk every night that kids love, magician-type buskers. So the Beach Club or Boardwalk would be convenient, as well as for walking or boating into either Epcot or the Studios. And great pools at both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter