Where to stay?

1buzymom

Earning My Ears
We're so torn! lol. We have reservations for Port Orleans Riverside. I'm having buyers (or renters!) remorse and fretting about cost. We really need to do this on a budget and with a family of 5 it's tough. Add in that we're unlucky enough to miss almost every deal for good rates or free dining with our dates at the end of July, and it's frustrating. We're trying to decide if it's worth paying the extra to stay on property or if we should find someplace off property. We would be open to a different hotel or even a rental. We've used vrbo before and been pleased. HELP!:confused3:

The amenities onsite (EMH, buses, etc) outweigh the cost, in my opinion. I'd rather day onsite any day.

Read this recent thread on the reasons for offsite:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2736231

You can certainly save money, and there is a contingent of people here that like offsite better for a variety of reasons. Read it, and see if any of the reasons apply to you, then do a bit of math. If you do decide to stay onsite, at least you won't have to beat yourself up about it!

Relax and have fun...

We're so torn! lol. We have reservations for Port Orleans Riverside. I'm having buyers (or renters!) remorse and fretting about cost. We really need to do this on a budget and with a family of 5 it's tough. Add in that we're unlucky enough to miss almost every deal for good rates or free dining with our dates at the end of July, and it's frustrating. We're trying to decide if it's worth paying the extra to stay on property or if we should find someplace off property. We would be open to a different hotel or even a rental. We've used vrbo before and been pleased. HELP!:confused3:

We will be a family of 5 in a couple of years when we come down for a longer stay and I am looking at offsite options to keep the costs down. Good luck finding something!

Do what will work best for your budget but remember to HAVE A GREAT TIME! Once you are there worries about cost should go out the window! Have you researched all the value resorts? I just came back from a trip at POP and absolutely loved it! The amenities were really wonderful and we always came back to a clean room. We did go during off season though but I would greatly recommend checking it out. The only issue with staying off site that I can think of would be transportation. When you are on site there really is no need to rent a car (from my own experience) because the transportation system is easy and efficient. Have fun on your trip! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter