• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay on second half of DVC vacation?

wildlodger

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am staying at Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge from Dec 31-Jan 5th, 2025. I have 85 DVC points that will expire that May, and I'd like to use them to extend that trip. My options are shown below. I could stay at the Grand Flo in a studio, but I've heard it's super hard to get off the waitlist at Jan 9th starts marathon weekend.
  1. Boardwalk Villas, Deluxe Studio Garden/Pool View, January 5-January 11 (6 nights)
  2. Boardwalk Villas, Deluxe Studio Boardwalk View, January 5-January 11 (6 nights)
  3. Boulder Ridge, Deluxe Studio, January 5-January 10 (5 nights)
  4. Old Key West, Deluxe Studio Near Hospitality House, January 5-13 (8 nights)
Another tricky thing, I'm planning on waitlisting for another trip in May, so I can only do one waitlist...what are everyone's thoughts?

Poly Tower should be open and might even have availability for those dates when booking opens.

I would do Boardwalk view at BWV, why do the pool view it's the same points.

I would do Boardwalk view at BWV, why do the pool view it's the same points.
Math. OP is planning on either making or waitlisting a 6 night reservation at 7 months.
There are 29 Boardwalk view studios at BWV. There are 164 pool/garden view studios at BWV, thus OP is far more likely for a pool/garden studio to be available at 7 months or to become available via waitlist v. a Boardwalk view studio.
But yeah, if I were booking at 7 months & saw open bwv & pool/garden, I’d go for the boardwalk view.

Last edited:

Math. OP is planning on either making or waitlisting a 6 night reservation at 7 months.
There are 29 Boardwalk view studios at BWV. There are 164 pool/garden view studios at BWV, thus OP is far more likely for a pool/garden studio to be available at 7 months or to become available via waitlist v. a Boardwalk view studio.
But yeah, if I were booking at 7 months & saw open bwv & pool/garden, I’d go for the boardwalk view.
Thank you! I'm hoping for bwv, but if it's fully booked I'll probably waitlist pool/garden and try to request one of the rooms with a partial bwv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter