Where to stay in San Diego???

aussiegirls

DIS Veteran
Hi Guys

So I am thinking of adding on a stay in San Diego to our trip but I am lost as to places to stay. I have looked online a little but as I am unfamiliar with the area I don't really know where I am looking at.

The main things we would do whilst there are Sea World, Legoland and lots of shopping (possibly the zoo too but that is at the bottom of the list). I don't plan on renting a car so we would be looking at staying somewhere central to those places or at least close to some transport.

Any help would be much appreciated :flower3:

xxx

Hi,
Not sure how many people in your party. We stayed at the Omni in the Gaslamp quarter. There was a train station just near the side entrance to the hotel, using this it connected to a bus to seaworld and also to Old Town. We didn't go to the zoo even though we had tickets, opting instead to walk to the water and catch the ferry to the Coronado, which was well worth a visit. Loved sitting on the deck here, had a great feel to it.

Not sure about Lego land, but there's probably a bus out there too. There are soooo many restaurants in the gaslamp quarter, one of our faves was the spaghetti factory on the main drag.

If you do opt to stay here, join the select guest program, you get free internet, express check-in (it really was express, basically handed our keys and on our way!) plus two free drinks per person. The kids loved having their drinks delivered to the room, they had a juice each and a fab starbucks hot chocolate each. They were also given a giftbag, which had a little torch, drinkbottle, toys, some lollies etc. There was a note with the drink bottle that said if you took it to the restaurant they'd fill it for free, although we didn't try this. We actually earned a free night at any Omni as we stayed with them in Washington DC....now ... is that a good enough excuse to rush back to US :rotfl: I'm not sure hubby would buy it.

Gaslamp is a great area, lots of bars and restaurants, the baseball park is right over there too. I've stayed at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island but I don't think it would be a good place to get around to attractions without a car, but it is close to Sea World. Legoland is in Carlsbad about 30 miles north of SD. Hotels.com will show you details about hotels with user reviews and a map of all the hotels in the area.

Watching with interest as we're planning 3 nights in San Diego when we go next May, but will have a car.

My OC based friend is going to try and think of a couple of options - if she does, will post them here for Aussiegirls and anyone else interested.

Hi, we are planning 6 nights in San Diego in June 2011. I have picked out the Courtyard Marriott at Liberty Station -ranked #2 on the Trip Advisor reviews for San Diego.

The Dana Inn on Mission Bay is great. It's a short walk to Sea World, and a good place to grab transport from to go anywhere. Driving or bus it's more central than it looks, and a relaxing resort style atmosphere as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter