• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay in Miami?

Amanda129

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions on where to stay when sailing out of Miami? Do they offer transportation to/from the airport and/or port? Costs?

I was looking at the Comfort Suites by the airport, but wanted some other suggestions to consider as well.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Airport/Blue Lagoon. It was wonderful, clean and new. We had a view of the lagoon. They offered free breakfast, dinner and wifi. They also had free airport shuttles. We used an Uber to get to the airport. We are 3 people, so it was a little cheaper to take the Uber, but not bad at all. It was in a safe neighborhood and groceries and wine as well as shopping and restaurants were within a mile. People report that they will take you to the local restaurants and stores in their shuttle for free. We did not do that because we had a rental car (picked up at the hotel next door) for 3 days prior to sailing.

We stayed at the YVE hotel in Miami and could see the cruise ships from our room overlooking the water. They have a nice cruise package that includes room, breakfast and shuttle to cruise ship for around $200. This is a smaller boutique type hotel right across the street from Bayside market place which has lots of shops and eating places right on the water. It's a fun place to walk around. There's also a cvs across the street next door for last minute items. The night we were there they had fireworks over the water that were spectacular.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon earlier this month and agree it was nice and clean.

We had a rental which we dropped off at MIA and the car rental free shuttle dropped us at the port.

I've stayed at Homewood Blue Lagoon. I've stayed in better Homewood. Then I stayed at a Hampton in the Brickell area. The Brickell area is where it's at! If I sail from Miami again that's the area I'm targeting.

I'm staying at the Intercontinental in Chopin Plz (in Bayside I think?) just because it's convenient to return and pick up the rental and the place is nice. I don't know if they offer suttle to the port but I read a review of lyft, an uber like service, very convenient so I'll try either uber or lyft to go from the hotel to the port and viceversa.

Most downtown Miami hotels are a great bet. There's lots of shopping and dining nearby and a cab to port is only around $10. What we did was go to hotwire.com and do one of their mystery deals. We picked a 4-5 star hotel within the downtown area for $90 (it said it was going to be Hyatt, Hilton, Intercontinental, etc.) and we got the Intercontinental. It was a great hotel for a great rate, but we would have been happy with any of those options.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott at the airport. We took the free airport shuttle to the hotel
They do have a shuttle that goes to the port from the hotel, you need to sign up when you check in. After talking with the girl at the desk, we ended up taking a cab to the port. It was super easy (cabs were everywhere) and cheaper than the shuttle

We took the DCL bus pack to the airport

Hello, We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami north this past December for a 2 night stay before our cruise.
I would not stay there again because we had some major bugs behind the headboard lower & walls of one of the beds.
It didn't seem to be as clean as it was a few years ago when we stayed there. Manager said "well I guess I'll have to get someone to clean the room" and that was it but after i persisted we finally got moved to another room. Hope this helps.:o

Thank you all for your responses! I will definitely be checking each of these out (I still have about a year!)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. They had a shuttle at the airport and a shuttle to the port. We were a group of 10 so we really appreciated the cooked breakfast that was included.

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown
50 SW 12th Street, Miami, FL 33130
T: 1 305-377-9400
3QAcl4jX_9avVV43UNpyTYeISj7kxs7rx5413OC_ldgNryqeTk-nj2mfUNub5xKTaNUmFpme14_MIfo7s5ZHyOz7CNd4Ll7mCtgbQZZ_Oe0yTkapLzeWX-ZhFQYPwtOGnoGEVTCrEl0o=s0-d-e1-ft

this was the bast place to stay downtown and close to the monorail and awesome restaurants!! Rooms were clean and comfortable! great pool and great free breakfast!!

Last edited:
We stayed at the Intercontinental once, loved it! It is right on the water, very nice park and shopping area adjacent to it. Quick taxi ride to the port. The second time out of Miami we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell, it was less expensive and offered free breakfast. Taxi ride to port was a bit longer but not unreasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter