Where to rent close to Disney/Universal

riogirl84

Earning My Ears
I am looking to rent a house close to Disney. I have been researching many places and would love some feedback on Reunion; Storey Lake; Compass Bay: Encantada?

Are these communities close enough to the parks to easily travel to and from? Are they close to major highways? Close to restaurants? shopping?

We are interested in renting rather than stay on property in order to go to other places in the area and go with a larger group.

I would greatly appreciate any advice Thank you.

Moving this to the Orlando Hotels board, where you'll find lots of discussion on rentals in the Central Florida area. :)

I am looking to rent a house close to Disney. I have been researching many places and would love some feedback on Reunion; Storey Lake; Compass Bay: Encantada?

Are these communities close enough to the parks to easily travel to and from? Are they close to major highways? Close to restaurants? shopping?

We are interested in renting rather than stay on property in order to go to other places in the area and go with a larger group.

I would greatly appreciate any advice Thank you.
Storey Lake is off of Oceola Parkway, super easy to get to and from the parks. We didn't venture to may restaurants outside of the resort areas, but we did find a Steak and Shake that wasn't too far away. Starbuck's is in the Target that is a short walk. There's a Denny's and a Panda Express close to the Target as well. The water park area looks like it's almost done, I think it opens in May.

Last edited:

Reunion is right off I-4 and when you're at Disney you'll be close to all the restaurants.

Reunion is just east of exit 58 on I-4. There is a Publix grocery store nearby as well as a couple of restaurants near the I-4 exit.

Encantada is just south of 192 on the west side of Disney. 192 has a lot of shopping, restaurants, hotels, and resorts. Almost every chain restaurant I can think of is somewhere along 192. A bit closer to Disney than Reunion.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter