Where to put Lego Land?

karatemomky

Earning My Ears
We are coming to WDW for in Feb/March 2016 for 6 days with an extra day for Lego Land (mainly for my 6 year old Lego fan). Our day for ADR's are coming up soon and I'm wondering if I should put LL in the middle of our WDW days or tack it on the end, after all our WDW days are done. My mom (who is coming with us) votes for in the middle and DD (age 12) votes for at the end. Thoughts or opinions?

We loved legoland! You can definitely do the whole park in only a day. Just be warned that it is a long drive - longer than I expected.
I would probably put it in the middle just to sort of break up the trip a little, but I'm not sure it matters too much. Is one a weekday and one a weekend? Maybe do a weekday at legoland just so the crowds are even lower so you know you can get it all done in one day (we were there on a Sunday in late June and it was really empty, so crowds aren't an issue, I'm just sort of trying to think aobut any differentiation.)

We did LL on opening day in 2012 in FL and then went to CA this June and went to the one out there. While it is a fine park and I think it is fun seeing the Lego creations it does not in any way compare to Disney. My boys, age 5 & 7, were almost too big for many of the rides. After being at Disney for a few days and riding ToT, 7DMT etc. they were not impressed my the "big" dragon roller coaster at LL.
With that being said- I would go to LL first. That way there is no comparing and disappointment.

We did what someone above said. In the middle because it was a weekday so I thought it'd be emptier. Be aware that they are closed certain days during certain times of the year so double check that!

My gm used to work there when it was still Cypress gardens. It has always been a small area, with small rides. Lots of the rides are geared to little ones and my 3yr old loved all of them. The gardens are still there, and they are beautiful. Our family would visit it first (mainly b/c we visited my grandma first). If you are flying down to the Orlando airport, beware that the drive down to ll is a long one!

Maybe mapping out the destinations will help because it's almost a good 3/2 hours to get there. Not that I discourage you, just beware of what the park is and isn't. It's not Disney, it's not SeaWorld. The hotel they just opened is pretty cool though.

I don't know if that helps. But the park was perfect size for my 3yr old and it brought out nostalgic feeling for me. Maybe you could use it as a wind down trip?

I would do it first or in the middle. The parks are so exhausting I fear if you leave it to the end no one will really enjoy it. Ds loved Lego land so much we did it 2 years in a row

We are doing LegoLand the first day of our trip. However, how long was the drive...everyone has me a little concerned. LOL I thought I read it was approximately 45 mins from Disney?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter